OT: Katie Ledecky

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I am liking our new owner more and more. This is him cheering his niece. I pictured him watching the Isles in the Stanley Cup finals...

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I am liking our new owner more and more. This is him cheering his niece. I pictured him watching the Isles in the Stanley Cup finals...

I watched that and imagined he was at game 7 of the Cup finals and it was Josh Bailey on a breakaway in OT. Oddly enough, when I did that there was a malfunction and the playback stopped just before he started celebrating....

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Would love for this gold medal champion to drop the puck on opening night.

As Ledecky does not have any kids and he's obviously close to his niece, I would not be surprised at all if he brings her in for promo/ad stuff including dropping the puck at a game or more.

I really hope she's not a Caps fan.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
She is a beast in the water. And they're saying wait until she grows and learns "how to" swim races, instead of just going balls out. These races aren't even really that close for her.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
As Ledecky does not have any kids and he's obviously close to his niece, I would not be surprised at all if he brings her in for promo/ad stuff including dropping the puck at a game or more.

I really hope she's not a Caps fan.

This should quell your worries.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
She is a beast in the water. And they're saying wait until she grows and learns "how to" swim races, instead of just going balls out. These races aren't even really that close for her.

"How to?" If she wins the 800, she'll be the how to... :laugh:

Anyway, she killed it again in yesterday's relay. At this point, it's more fair to say that the Islanders are Katie Ledecky fans.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
OT, but... That Simone Manuel/Penny Oleksiak moment from last night (they tied for gold, Manuel is the first African American woman to win an individual event gold) was really something else.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
OT again, but just read that Maya Dirado, who won the 200 backstroke, also got a perfect math SAT score. WTH? That's nor fair.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Katie Ledecky = machine.

Winning becomes addictive.
I hope uncle Jon keeps the taste of that in his mouth when it comes to building the Islanders team.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Here's an update on what the Ledecky/Wang family members have accomplished during their family's Islander ownership....

9441377-katie-ledecky-olympics-swimming-evening-session-837x560.jpg

2009+NHL+Entry+Draft+First+Round+yDDF-nN7Gk5l.jpg

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Just saw that Anders Kallur's daughter, Susanna, is an Olympic hurdler for Sweden. She just ran on NBC and they introduced her and then said, "Her father, Anders, was on 4 consecutive Stanley Cups winners with the New York Islanders."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad