OT: Katie Ledecky

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
I don't know where to find this, but a while back someone posted an interview of her after a race. They asked her about her uncle owning the team and she ended up doing yes yes yes chant. Can't be bad to have a gold medalist on your side.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Would love for this gold medal champion to drop the puck on opening night.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
1st by 5 seconds? That's an ass-kicking! Seems like a good kid, too. And an Isles fan(obviously) to boot.

Having her drop the puck would be a cool move by the Isles.

she was drying off by the time second finished. It was a beatdown of epic proportions. She beat her previous record by almost 2 seconds

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Change of topic -- did anyone catch the womens handball over the weekend? Bizarre game -- its like hockey, meets lacrosse, meets basketball. Entire game is like a powerplay.

Love the Nordic team!!! :naughty:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Change of topic -- did anyone catch the womens handball over the weekend? Bizarre game -- its like hockey, meets lacrosse, meets basketball. Entire game is like a powerplay.

Love the Nordic team!!! :naughty:

Very popular game in Europe. Is this the first time you're seeing it? Been in the Olympics forever. My dad played "professionally" (as pro as you can be behind in the Soviet bloc) in the Czech top flight league in the 60's.

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
Tivo'd Equestrian for my daughter the other day and part of that broadcast was women's beach volleyball, Canada vs. Netherlands, and as much as I'm not into beach volleyball, all I can say is.......damn....just...damn.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Very popular game in Europe. Is this the first time you're seeing it? Been in the Olympics forever. My dad played "professionally" (as pro as you can be behind in the Soviet bloc) in the Czech top flight league in the 60's.

yea -- first timer -- pretty impressive stuff and looks like mugging someone is actually allowed?

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Tivo'd Equestrian for my daughter the other day and part of that broadcast was women's beach volleyball, Canada vs. Netherlands, and as much as I'm not into beach volleyball, all I can say is.......damn....just...damn.

Yeah, it's quite a sight.

The indoor stuff is great too, for similar, albeit different reasons

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
She's a beast. I wached it live with my father in law. 400 meters is a long ****ing race. They showed the world record line the whole time and she was well ahead of it. Pretty cool

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
From what I have read she said the lanes were off center. A Olympic rep said "Swim with a navigator if you find the lanes crooked". I also read the pool had too much chlorine and the swimmers were complaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad