Rumor: Kaspars DaugaviņÅ¡ to Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I remember Daugavins from his prior NHL stint.
Signing him would be good on many levels.
1. NHL vet, help with youngsters, keeping 1 more younger player in AHL for 1 more season.
2. Nolan connection / loyalty.
3. Girgs native tongue, posibly help mature Girgs even quicker into eventual Sabre leadership role.

I see no downside.

Also, Reason #1 above is also why D'Ags isn't going anywhere. We just played Carolina last night. BUF doesn't have any Lindholms in their system, or Skinners from 5 years ago. NHL/AHL tweeners and waiver-wire pickups will help Murray have OPTIONS as to which youngsters are up at what point in their development.

Murray can always go full-on Regier if and when he wants and play 3,4,5,6 teenagers. Or he can bridge with vets who would only have AHL chances with most other NHL clubs. They will most likely be grateful to play for BUF / Murray / Nolan.

In all things in life, not just hockey, it's always best to have options.

CrookedCrook

Jan 12, 2014
Latvia
You are going to love the Daugman if the rumour is true. He is a very emotional player, great teammate. I think he didn't feel too well in Bruins with all the pressure and playoffs but as you can see from the stats in NLA, which is a great league, he can actually be useful.
I don't think that olympics were a factor in this one, I believe Ted has spoken well of the player.
The guy would ask for a 1-way deal, wouldn't cost too much thought, not that it would be a problem for sabres.
I do think he has potential to be a good 3rd line forward in NHL, a good depth player.
I wish he put in that career changing mistake he did with the Bruins in playoffs OT, that really crushed all the chances to stay there.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
What exactly has Dags done to warrant this? Sure he's not a great goal scorer, but he's a solid player that has good wheels and is a decent to good forechecker. I'm not exactly sure what everyone expected of Dags when he was signed.

I must be missing something.

I don't dislike D'Agostini per se, it's more the fact that he gets (IMO) a lot of time on the second line with Hodgson. I see D'Ags in more of a third/fourth line role. I think Hodgson also plays a worse game with D'Ags on his wing.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
50 contracts, but yes it's 48 that count. (Although not for the reason you state.)

http://www.capgeek.com/sabres/reserve-list/

Carrier and Zadorov do not count because neither has played 11 games in one season. Grigorenko still counts against the contract limit because he has.

(I goofed before, forgot about that rule. My bad.)

Yep. That's basically what I said. I just didn't want to confuse you with too many details.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I remember Daugavins from his prior NHL stint.
Signing him would be good on many levels.
1. NHL vet, help with youngsters, keeping 1 more younger player in AHL for 1 more season.
2. Nolan connection / loyalty.
3. Girgs native tongue, posibly help mature Girgs even quicker into eventual Sabre leadership role.

I see no downside.

Also, Reason #1 above is also why D'Ags isn't going anywhere. We just played Carolina last night. BUF doesn't have any Lindholms in their system, or Skinners from 5 years ago. NHL/AHL tweeners and waiver-wire pickups will help Murray have OPTIONS as to which youngsters are up at what point in their development.

Murray can always go full-on Regier if and when he wants and play 3,4,5,6 teenagers. Or he can bridge with vets who would only have AHL chances with most other NHL clubs. They will most likely be grateful to play for BUF / Murray / Nolan.

In all things in life, not just hockey, it's always best to have options.

Doubt that would matter. Girgensons has been stateside for a few years now (played in the USHL prior to draft).

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Buffalo should be looking to bring back Martins Karsums as well. He's better than Daug and is decent offensively too. Could be a good pick up.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Sorry for the bump, but he has signed with Dynamo Moskva per eliteprospects
It's fine, but we can put to rest this thread with that news:
Press office of the hockey club "Dynamo" reports that an agreement was reached on a two-year contract with a player of Latvia - forward Kaspars Daugavins.

Last season, the striker played for Swiss club "Geneva-Servette." In 43 games, scored 42 points (17 +25).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad