Karlsson's Season and Future Part II: E-Bay Watch Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
1297530138489_ORIGINAL.jpg

From previous thread (over 1k):

Erik Karlsson on what the Silver medal means to him: "You will see when I put it out on eBay".

Dude...not cool...

Read the entire quote.

"" ... it will take some time before I will be able to reflect on what it means."

https://twitter.com/seanfitz_gerald/status/437639999865901056

Its good that he is with Alfie now, he'll give him some perspective.

He's lucky he wasn't with the team that lost to Belarus; Alfie, Sundin and a lot of great Swedish players, were ripped, some Swedish papers put up pictures like wanted posters of them all.

I'd be dissapointed in silver too, totally fine for him to voice his frustration. 2nd place is never much fun.

It's Karlsson's medal to say whatever he wants to about it, give me a break.

Karlsson has been joking all tournament long. If anything I am sure it was a joke of some sort.. obviously he was dissapointed but I am sure he will be happy about it when it settles.

I'm sure he was joking, but I have been checking in on Ebay from time to time just in case.

He was fairly composed when he was interviewed in Swedish TV, it wasnt like they lost in the final second or anything.

if that medal is on ebay, im bidding for it.

Do you have the funds to compete with Backstrom though?

Karlsson was amazing at the tournament, but this comment doesn't show anything new from him.

It's funny because my wife and I were talking about this exact thing after Canada destroyed Sweden...how it's almost better to win bronze than it is to win silver in a tournament like this because at least you get to go out on a win.

However the damage control here is a bit odd. I'm sure if say...PK Subban said the same thing everyone here would be all over him.

Odd? We are Sens fans. Most of us like Karlsson. Odd!

He wants to win. He didn't win, so he is unhappy. This is good. Pro sports.

I meant to say funny, but yeah, it's understandable but still funny.

EK65 one-liner: “You will see when I put it out on eBay,” the 23-year-old defenseman said.

EK65 follow-up: “It’s obviously something that will be great to look back on and be proud of, but it will take some time before I will be able to reflect on what it means,” Karlsson said.

Damned if you do damned if you don't. How would it have looked if he right away would have gone out and said that it was all good and that he felt great "winning" a silver.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that this had already been posted.

How dare he make a joke.

Who cares?

Mod warning:

With regards to the Karlsson discussion- unless you can provide a link to a credible media source, do not post anything that could be considered libel.

From the site rules:

13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Last edited:

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Why would you post a picture of sad Karlsson as the first thing in the thread?

Because it's relevant to the discussion carried over from the previous thread.

You can read whatever the heck you want into it. Like everything else people have talked about it's just a brief moment and not the whole picture.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
ah well first page will be ignored anyways once the next few pages are reached

we need him to come out strong if we want to make the playoffs

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hopefully Karlsson uses the Olympics as motivation to drive Ottawa into the playoffs. He can do it.

DeVoice

Jan 26, 2012
Sarnia
great game by the kid....KID yup he is still young and already has a norris and olympic silver plus best d. and think he is only going to grow and develope now hurry up and get him a good partner already.

and before any habs run to attack yes so does PK but unlike PK Karllson actually played in the medal round and didn't get bling bling for just being there.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Instead of ebay if I were Karlsson I'd look into smelting. He could boil that medal down and make it into something like a ring, an anklet, a broadsword, a crown, etc. It could be a fun hobby which might be good for him because he's seemed a bit down in the dumps lately.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Instead of ebay if I were Karlsson I'd look into smelting. He could boil that medal down and make it into something like a ring, an anklet, a broadsword, a crown, etc. It could be a fun hobby which might be good for him because he's seemed a bit down in the dumps lately.

What?! A broadsword or crown for ants, maybe... The silver medal would have to be at least, 3 times bigger!

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
Weird how such comment of Erik, a comment in the heat of moment with an undertone which only is misunderstood by reporters and dumb people here on HF, can become so overblown.

We shall be thankful he is not mediatrained and boring. Erik is a naive person and perhaps that is part of how he plays hockey, seing no obstacles and therefor never hesitates to try plays where others would go safe.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Winning is definitely a priority for Erik Karlsson.

I also see a lot of that same attitude in his countrymen, Robin Lehner. We all know that Lehner has been quite hard on himself in the past.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Lehner's definitely tonned it down a bit though. I kinda miss the old Lehner...

He needed to tone it down.

He's still ultra-competitive but has learned how to keep his emotions in check, which is something you 100% want from a goalie. I think he used to get too upset and let that distract his play. Keep the competitive edge, but I think he's controlled his ability to focus on the task at hand.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lehner has matured so much. He knows how to tone it down now.

However, don't fool yourselves, he still has that murderer within him ready to unleash.

I just feel so bad for the future goalie who wants to impress whoever or gets riled up and skates to fight the other goalie just to realize to his demise that it's....

The Lehner.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Lehner needs to fix his five hole. His catching hand is pretty wicked.

Karlsson is pretty versatile, how many dmen has he had as his partner? Kuba, Methot, Cowen, OEL, Edler. Kuba got a shiny new contract after playing with him, Methot got invited to training camp after playing with him, and Cowen took a great step forward this season when paired with him.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Lehner needs to fix his five hole. His catching hand is pretty wicked.

Karlsson is pretty versatile, how many dmen has he had as his partner? Kuba, Methot, Cowen, OEL, Edler. Kuba got a shiny new contract after playing with him, Methot got invited to training camp after playing with him, and Cowen took a great step forward this season when paired with him.

Meh.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I bought a watch once from eBay.

Seller fraudulently listed the item as functioning, but when I got it, it was broke as broke can be. I ended up getting a refund, but it was a huge hassle and waste of my time.

... Buyer beware, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad