Pre-Game Talk: Karlsson's last home game? April fools?? vs Winnipeg, Mon. 7:30 pm on TSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
"I was down there and I saw it was in the net so I just picked it up and decided to keep it. I haven't [thought about the final home game] until now, I'm a social guy, I read a lot of things and I'm not reading too much into it, but obviously the word is out there from [the media]. It's not something I've thought about going into this game and it's not something I'm going to think about for a while."
Karlsson told reporters after the game.

Attendance: 17,122 (92.6% full)​

dude, are you for real. im starting to think your posts are MY ayahuasca trip

are you seriously taking those comments at face value.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
I had hope that we signed Karlsson, but that was completely dashed last night. You don't do what he did unless it's an ending, and he knows that better than we do. Went way out of his way for it.

Exactly. I guess people could look it up but does Karlsson usually pick up the puck at the last home game of every season? It's not like the puck was lying at this feet he went into the net to pick it up.

We're all guessing at this point but the feeling I have is he's ready to move on. Doesn't mean it will happen if Dorion can't find a deal that he likes but I will be shocked beyond belief if he signs an extension here.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Right now it's Schroedinger's puck. He picked it up because he knew he was leaving, or might be leaving, or it was for someone else, or for a host of other reasons. He looked up because he taking one last moment to take it all in, someone called hi name, or a host of other reasons. I wouldn't blame him if he left, but I would be happy if he stayed.

Are you suggesting that until we observe the state of the puck in Karlsson's pants, it's in a all 4 states at the same time? I for one am not volunteering to look...

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think he has more control than most people think.

There is a huge unsubstantiated rumour, that the Owner and EK65 don't like each other, or don't want to work together, or something along those lines. And for the people that believe that, they assume the owner wants EK65 shipped out of town no matter what.

I choose not to believe unsubstantiated rumours.

PD stated publicly that he's offering EK65 an extension on July 1st, and I am going to take him at his word.

If he breaks his word, and trades EK65, the fallout would ginormous, and perhaps incite the fan-base beyond anything we've seen or imagined.

Why would PD risk that, he's not stupid?

EK65 will choose what to do with the offer, on July 1st, and if negotiations do not result in a signing, then it's as much his choice as anyone's as he publicly steed his desire to remain in Ottawa.

Picking up the puck gives him just a little leverage in the matter imo.

Probably because he knows he's going to deal him before July 1st .

Reactions: Alex1234

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

There is a huge unsubstantiated rumour, that the Owner and EK65 don't like each other, or don't want to work together, or something along those lines. And for the people that believe that, they assume the owner wants EK65 shipped out of town no matter what.

PD stated publicly that he's offering EK65 an extension on July 1st, and I am going to take him at his word.

If he breaks his word, and trades EK65, the fallout would ginormous, and perhaps incite the fan-base beyond anything we've seen or imagined.

EK65 will choose what to do with the offer, on July 1st, and if negotiations do not result in a signing, then it's as much his choice as anyone's as he publicly steed his desire to remain in Ottawa.

Imo he isn't that stupid and likely thinks the same way as most of us fans do, if it happens, imo it is very clearly a direct order from the owner. We seemingly have no direction and end goal other than to break even/profit, we are owned by a balance sheet who has proven through statements that fans are of little importance.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

He definitely hates the owner

Reactions: Bean Drown

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
How friggin good is Matt Duchene? Not since the days of the Pizza line has there been a forward this dominant in the corners, at protecting the puck, shooting at close range. Damn. If we can sign Karlsson, Duchene and Stone, we're in real, real good condition going forward.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
How friggin good is Matt Duchene? Not since the days of the Pizza line has there been a forward this dominant in the corners, at protecting the puck, shooting at close range. Damn. If we can sign Karlsson, Duchene and Stone, we're in real, real good condition going forward.
Why couldnt Duchene play like this earlier in the season? :(

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We need two more like him ...We have sucked for the last few years because we cant score enough..I look at the top teams in the league ,and they all have one thing in common...Great forwards..... 4 lines of fast skilled aggressive forchecking hell is what we need...

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Why couldnt Duchene play like this earlier in the season? :(

He still showed his power along the board and his willingness to drive the net, so at least the electric talent was there, but yes, it's quite unfortunate we had to depend on one or two guys to win games.

We need two more like him ...We have sucked for the last few years because we cant score enough..I look at the top teams in the league ,and they all have one thing in common...Great forwards..... 4 lines of fast skilled aggressive forchecking hell is what we need...

One more elite level forward would be great. You can't have two more Matt Duchenes though, but you can draft a killer forward if you miss out on Dahlen, then...depending on how Brown and White work out - and having Stone and the Hoff, you might get your wish.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He still showed his power along the board and his willingness to drive the net, so at least the electric talent was there, but yes, it's quite unfortunate we had to depend on one or two guys to win games.

One more elite level forward would be great. You can't have two more Matt Duchenes though, but you can draft a killer forward if you miss out on Dahlen, then...depending on how Brown and White work out - and having Stone and the Hoff, you might get your wish.
But I really want 2 more top end guys...sniff...Dreamkiller...lol

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
This is not believable. I give EK props for trying to soothe the waters and downplay it, but nobody in their right mind would believe that Karlsson grabbed a souvenir puck from another routine game that just so happened to be the final home game of the season.

Or that Erik Karlsson and Newport Sports are in the dark....with the only info he has on a trade being from Bruce Garrioch.

I don't expect the guy to be honest here and cause a shit storm, it's par for the course....but are we honestly going to do the "KARLSSON SAID IT'S NOTHING, IT'S NOTHING GUYS" thing when so much logic and evidence dictates otherwise?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Or that Erik Karlsson and Newport Sports are in the dark....with the only info he has on a trade being from Bruce Garrioch.

I don't expect the guy to be honest here and cause a **** storm, it's par for the course....but are we honestly going to do the "KARLSSON SAID IT'S NOTHING, IT'S NOTHING GUYS" thing when so much logic and evidence dictates otherwise?
I think you may have quoted the wrong post? I agree wholeheartedly with what you're throwing down. Where there's smoke, there's fire. And right now, that fire seems more likely than not to burn us.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I think you may have quoted the wrong post? I agree wholeheartedly with what you're throwing down. Where there's smoke, there's fire. And right now, that fire seems more likely than not to burn us.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as if I was disagreeing with you. I agree, and was expanding on what you're saying.

Not referring to your post with my second paragraph, more so a generalization at the people (admittedly very few) who buy his explanation and don't think there is significance to Karlsson grabbing the puck.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
EM needs to come out and say he will spend whatever it takes to make this team better ,even if it means spending to the cap next season...To keep our assets while we ride out some of the dead money

Arkantoss

Mar 2, 2016
On July 1st 2018 the Ottawa Senators will sign Erik Karlsson, Mark Stone and Matt Duchene to contract extensions.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
EM needs to come out and spend whatever it takes. His words of encouragement and hope mean nothing anymore. Actions speak louder.
Yep agreed ...Looking at it from a hockey only angle...There is no other way but to ride out some of the dead money,bleeding assets to save cash will only sink us further...EM needs to step up and deliver

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
EM needs to come out and say he will spend whatever it takes to make this team better ,even if it means spending to the cap next season...To keep our assets while we ride out some of the dead money
Wouldn't be believable. Could have spent money all the while Karlsson and Andy were signed to great contracts. If Karlsson is looking for commitment from a team to do whatever it can to win, he knows the Sens aren't that team.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Wouldn't be believable. Could have spent money all the while Karlsson and Andy were signed to great contracts.
I agree ,but now he has no choice....There is no getting a home town discount,he has fished that lake dry ...He either does what must be done ,or this team will be in the basement for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad