Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Maybe it’s delayed because Dorion, as Melnyk’s fall guy, is still writing his script for the presser to make himself look bad and Melnyk like a hands-off owner who provides his GM with all resources.

Who knows what he’ll pull out of his ass...

Last edited:
Reactions: Iceman

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
SmQEeAm.jpg
It's funny, but you might want to win a single cup with the team first

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I'm thinking...

TO TAM:
- Karlsson

TO OTT:
- Foote
- Cirelli
- 1st (2020)
- Assets TAM receives for Callahan + Coburn / Girardi

TO NYR/NJD:
- Callahan
- Coburn / Girardi

These moves clear up between $9.3 and $10 mil in salary for Bolts.

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
I can’t believe Ottawa is going to trade EK within the division. They better damn well make Tampa feel the pain of acquiring a superstar within the division. So help me if they trade him cheap... may the hockey gods turn their traded first round pick into the 1st overall

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
So if I got this right Ottawa offered Turris X amount of money and he didnt sign. Turris gets traded and signed for less than X amount in Nashville. Now Ottawa offered Karlsson 10M and got turned down. Rumor goes Karlsson is going to sign just that 10M possibly for Tampa. Question time. What is wrong with Ottawa as a place?

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
This thread has turned much like the Dallas one did where fans wanted to give up magic beans for Erik Karlsson and not even their best magic beans. Typical HF, give us your franchise player and accept this pile of garbage in return.

Morrison

Jul 5, 2007
So if I got this right Ottawa offered Turris X amount of money and he didnt sign. Turris gets traded and signed for less than X amount in Nashville. Now Ottawa offered Karlsson 10M and got turned down. Rumor goes Karlsson is going to sign just that 10M possibly for Tampa. Question time. What is wrong with Ottawa as a place?

Tennessee (Nashville) and Florida (Tampa) has no state income taxes...

Blueangel1891

Nov 24, 2007
Belgium

10M in Florida is a lot more than 10M in Ontario. And it's Florida, it has like, sunshine and beaches and stuff

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
So this will probably be the dreaded Friday afternoon or evening News dump?

Makes sense I guess...

And yeah Sergachev will be involved (unless Melnyks really hates all Russians). It does not make any sense for him not to be. Between Hedman, EK and even McDonagh, the Lightning won't lack offense from the backend anytime soon.

And Foote will probably be better defensively than Sergachev and won't need to be protected from the expansion draft...

Crow

May 19, 2014
10M in Florida is a lot more than 10M in Ontario. And it's Florida, it has like, sunshine and beaches and stuff
Tennessee, like Florida, also has no state income tax.

Regardless, I believe term was the issue cited by turris.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Tennessee, like Florida, also has no state income tax.

Regardless, I believe term was the issue cited by turris.

It was, he said Ottawa never offered 6 years, meaning Ottawa was trying to sign him for 5 or less.

He also said he felt management wanted him there but the owner didn't.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Well for one, it’s not exactly a big city... young millionaires may want a bit more excitement... but factor in the that the team is in shambles, the owner is a dick, and the taxes are higher... players will take a cut to go elsewhere.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Players pay income tax for each road game in the state it's played. It's only half the games (give or take a handful), and thus, half the income, which is affected.

Don't think that applies to games played in Canada though, so games against the 7 Canadian teams, as well as potentially increasing the number of games in Florida (you play more against teams in your division), so half isn't quite right either. Having said that, there are tax loopholes for foreign players playing in Canada, so long as they move back out of Canada afterwards (Idk how this one works exactly, but I saw an article on it and skimmed over it).

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
I'm thinking...

TO TAM:
- Karlsson

TO OTT:
- Foote
- Cirelli
- 1st (2020)
- Assets TAM receives for Callahan + Coburn / Girardi

TO NYR/NJD:
- Callahan
- Coburn / Girardi

These moves clear up between $9.3 and $10 mil in salary for Bolts.

But why would the Rangers take on those two players and that salary without getting anything of significance back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad