Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
If NJ is included, it's to eat big salary. Ottawa wants to move Bobby Ryan, we need to move Callahan. That's over 12 million to NJ.

I do think they'll be compensated with Foote and picks to make up for it, but I dunno. Still seems like a lot.
Exactly how good is Foote supposed to be?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Plus minus doesn't tell whole story and many believe it's a useless stat. If you were going to pick a dman solely for his defensive play would you pick Chara or Karlsson? I take Chara 10 out of 10 times.

Point is that even great defensive defenceman will have lots of goals scored on them if they play 30 minutes on a terrible team.

Karlsson haa shown that at his peak such as last season and the cup run. His defensive game is as good as anyones.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Honestly, if EK is supposedly a so called "generational" type D-man, how would you justify a HUGE piece not going back, the situation in Ottawa aside?

I mean do you move a McDavid or a Crosby for a few prospects? would you trade Point for a so called "generational" talent like McDavid?

I am not saying Karlsson is McDavid, but the tag says he is one of the VERY elite at the position he plays, elite in the sense of the decade, and Point+ doesn't go? Larrson for Hall happened, but Karlsson does not get Braydon Point.

I mean you can't keep every single player
How many times do people have to hear it...
EK holds all the cards here, if he only wanna play for Tampa the sens are ****ed. He would basically be a damn expensive one year rental for all the other teams(because he is a ****ing beast) and Yzerman only has to beat the best rental offer to get him for 9 years!

No team is giving up "fair value" for one year of EK. If he said ye i will sign with anyone out there it would be a different story because almost all 30 teams would be bidding

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
How many times do people have to hear it...
EK holds all the cards here, if he only wanna play for Tampa the sens are ****ed. He would basically be a damn expensive one year rental for all the other teams(because he is a ****ing beast) and Yzerman only has to beat the best rental offer to get him for 9 years!

No team is giving up "fair value" for one year of EK

Honestly, I know it is kinda stupid, but I would just wait until the TDL and take my chances, instead of bending over for the big Y

I will say this, it does make things exciting, and after hearing Dubas speak today, I am encouraged that he has lots of counters that won't be as flashy as EK, but will upgrade the backend. So I guess we will end up having a bit of an arms race lol

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Ryan to NJ
Callahan to NY

Four teams in on the deal? Has there ever been a 4 team trade?
I don't even think it's happened in the NBA. Three team trades is common in the NBA, but fairly rare in the NHL. Obviously the last one was the Duchene trade. If NJ is involved, I would assume it is to absorb both Callahan and Ryan. But maybe we trade separately with NY to get Callahan out and Ottawa trades with NJ to get Ryan out.

One thing is for sure, there's way too much going on, and it's very easy for something to go wrong with so many teams involved.

Exactly how good is Foote supposed to be?
Top 4 RHD. I really don't wanna move him, especially since we're likely giving up Sergachev as well. He's going to be legit.

Is he worth taking Ryan and Callahan? I couldn't say. He is our top prospect though.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
I don't even think it's happened in the NBA. Three team trades is common in the NBA, but fairly rare in the NHL. Obviously the last one was the Duchene trade. If NJ is involved, I would assume it is to absorb both Callahan and Ryan. But maybe we trade separately with NY to get Callahan out and Ottawa trades with NJ to get Ryan out.

One thing is for sure, there's way too much going on, and it's very easy for something to go wrong with so many teams involved.

Top 4 RHD. I really don't wanna move him, especially since we're likely giving up Sergachev as well. He's going to be legit.

Is he worth taking Ryan and Callahan? I couldn't say. He is our top prospect though.
Id imagine if Shero gets involved at all it is because it is worth it for him - plus losing your best prospect when you are clearly all-in isn't exactly bad considering the ages of those superstars.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Every major city has issues, but Chicago has a serious violent crime issue in its inner-city. That doesn't mean it isn't a beautiful city or isn't a great place to live. But, compared to some other major cities like Boston, Manhatten or San Francisco, it has a significantly higher violent crime rate. Currently, it does seem the major cities of the mid-West have serious violent crime-rates. Not that I would be against moving to Chicago if I could afford to live in the places I originally mentioned.

You realize NYC is just as crime ridden it’s just certain politicians use “Chicago” as a dog whistle to allude to black people without sounding racist.

It has no different than any major metropolitan city other than the fact it’s maybe it’s in pockets it’s horrendously segregated.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Honestly, if EK is supposedly a so called "generational" type D-man, how would you justify a HUGE piece not going back, the situation in Ottawa aside?

I mean do you move a McDavid or a Crosby for a few prospects? would you trade Point for a so called "generational" talent like McDavid?

I am not saying Karlsson is McDavid, but the tag says he is one of the VERY elite at the position he plays, elite in the sense of the decade, and Point+ doesn't go? Larrson for Hall happened, but Karlsson does not get Braydon Point.

I mean you can't keep every single player
I would trade point for McDavid because McDavid is a center, we cant afford to lose a center.

Reactions: AndreRoy

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
You realize NYC is just as crime ridden it’s just certain politicians use “Chicago” as a dog whistle to allude to black people without sounding racist.

It has no different than any major metropolitan city other than the fact it’s maybe it’s in pockets it’s horrendously segregated.
I'm seriously looking at actual crime-rate statistics. NYC is nowhere near as crime-ridden anymore. But, let this be about Karlsson.

I didn't mean to insult your city. Chicago is a great place to live and visit.

Reactions: Rangers79

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Point is that even great defensive defenceman will have lots of goals scored on them if they play 30 minutes on a terrible team.

Karlsson haa shown that at his peak such as last season and the cup run. His defensive game is as good as anyones.
I'd rather have a Hedman or Chara type defenceman that play the same minutes or less, scores less but play outstanding defensively. They may not have the flash of a Karlsson but they play sturdy D and score when needed. I've always found that the problem with Karlssons game at times is that he plays too much. Hes gotten caught on long shifts and then gives the puck over or misses his assignment defending the front of the net.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple

That can't be right, I just read the other week that Chicago had over two times the homicide rate as compared to NYC, in 2016. It's obviously very segregated as you said but generally speaking it's not as safe. I've never heard anyone argue the contrary.

Reactions: AmbulanceChaser

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
lol this absolute moron thinks St. Louis is terrible. Can guarantee this dolt has never been and his evidence is that the crime statistics are bad (and he probably isn't capable of finding out that St. Louis's statistics are inflated because the city and the county are separated). And if you report me for "flaming," make sure to report the guy who's calling people's homes "****holes."

He's just being presidential

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The big question is how much of a hole a potential acquisition of EK will rip into our forward depth. If Stevie pulls this off by giving up some picks and prospects while dumping one or two contracts between Callahan, Killorn, Coburn or Johnson and without taking on Ryan or other expensive expendables it will blow my mind. But there's a reason why we call him a jedi on the Lightning board. Can't wait.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
That can't be right, I just read the other week that Chicago had over two times the homicide rate as compared to NYC, in 2016. It's obviously very segregated as you said but generally speaking it's not as safe. I've never heard anyone argue the contrary.

Yeah if you are like in couple really bad neighborhoods on the southside and westside.

But pretty much you could feasibly walk from o’hare to downtown (roughly 15 miles) and not really not worry.

but this narrative that “Chicago is a war zone” is a absolute racist joke. Hell, former most dangerous neighborhood in America “cabrini green” is basically a suburban mall at this point

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
SmQEeAm.jpg

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Four team trades have happened in the NBA, but obviously it’s not a common occurrence.

Sources: Howard-to-Lakers deal complete

NBA.com - Four-Team Trade 030723

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Very good for Washington and metro teams to have 2 guys moving in the same division.
Because in playoffs you 'll need to play only against one of this team and not both.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
The big question is how much of a hole a potential acquisition of EK will rip into our forward depth. If Stevie pulls this off by giving up some picks and prospects while dumping one or two contracts between Callahan, Killorn, Coburn or Johnson and without taking on Ryan or other expensive expendables it will blow my mind. But there's a reason why we call him a jedi on the Lightning board. Can't wait.

I honestly don't know what it is going to take and am prepared to lose someone valuable, we all thought that foote or Sergachev would be off in the Rangers deal at the deadline and they wasn't cant see this being the case during this deal though.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Lol.. it's Karlsson. Not too often a top 3 defenseman in his prime becomes available. I think you can afford to lose a player like Point.

Never change HF.
Point might be a top 10 forward soon. Karlsson has a questinable injury on the resume. It is still tempting to get Karlsson, but not as much as before the injury and Point is likely to be The Core of TBL with Kucherov for the next decade.

Reactions: AndreRoy

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
this really peppers my angus. Tampa will be unstoppable in the East if they don't lose anything significant. Ottawa has to be crazy not to ask for Sergachev as main piece?

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad