Confirmed with Link: Kane is Back [5.125 x 4]

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
That’s one long ass vacation at Bettman’s cabin. If he comes in late offseason and screws the Oilers situation up imma flip.

I don't know but it appears Kane's a little too smart for Bettman. He tried nailing him on the cross with a suspension during the whole cross border investigation. That failed. Recently, reports suggest that Kane's only pursuing this to clear his name and even if the arbiter awards him the full contracts, it doesn't mean he will be Sharks property.

Don't sweat, it's more than likely you'll be watching McDavid and Kane in the Oilers iconic blue swag/drip/fit/jersey (whatever word of your choosing) in highlight reels for foreseeable future.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Leon Draisaitl and Evander Kane SM bromance is too much (in a good way). The core 6 of McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse, Nuge, Kane, Hyman is about to win championship aren't they.

My friend saw this and told me, but weird to see Evander suddenly unfollow Connor and Darnell on IG lol.

Might not mean anything but odd to see him only follow Leon and Zach and a whole bunch of ex Sharks

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Leon Draisaitl and Evander Kane SM bromance is too much (in a good way). The core 6 of McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse, Nuge, Kane, Hyman is about to win championship aren't they.

What am I missing on the hat?

It does make you wonder why he stopped following Darnell and McDavid yet those 2 both are happy to have him back

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003

It does make you wonder why he stopped following Darnell and McDavid yet those 2 both are happy to have him back
My friend saw this and told me, but weird to see Evander suddenly unfollow Connor and Darnell on IG lol.

Might not mean anything but odd to see him only follow Leon and Zach and a whole bunch of ex Sharks
Look at his history: Kane's been a locker room head case everywhere he's played, and now that he's got his long term deal, it's begun now.

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016

He might have not been following them to begin with, but I agree, it would be odd if he was and proceeded to unfollow them.

They had exchange before that comment. Drai posted "Good" Kane then asked if it was something in German, and Drai's response is what you see in the post.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
He might have not been following them to begin with, but I agree, it would be odd if he was and proceeded to unfollow them.

They had exchange before that comment. Drai posted "Good" Kane then asked if it was something in German, and Drai's response is what you see in the post.

Apparently he was following most of the team who is IG (definitely Connor, Darnell) when he first joined EDM, just randomly started unfollowing a whole bunch of Oilers recently lol.....as a dude I personally don’t care if someone unfollows me on IG lol , maybe Connor doesn’t care either but it’s just odd lol

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012

Not sure how accurate is this, but a quick look at Nurse and McDavid's Instas shows that both of them have been posting very seldom lately, outside of the occasional significant other/family pic or corporate/charity partnership. Perhaps they're not the "post anything and everything" types that some players are.

For context, there are friends of mine who I have unfollowed, but they and I still have a good working relationship. I just don't care for their particular sharing choices.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Not sure how accurate is this, but a quick look at Nurse and McDavid's Instas shows that both of them have been posting very seldom lately, outside of the occasional significant other/family pic or corporate/charity partnership. Perhaps they're not the "post anything and everything" types that some players are.

For context, there are friends of mine who I have unfollowed, but they and I still have a good working relationship. I just don't care for their particular sharing choices.

Also really random fact Kane still follows Jack Eichel . I guess they are still good buddies

Fair enough, you might be right, I guess it’s IG after all, it doesn’t matter at the end of the day. Just want to see the boys win on the ice

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
A tidbit on Kane from the DNB The Athletic article today where he mentioned the possibility of PTOs for ZAR, Virtanen or Riley Nash

A possible Kane wrinkle

It appears to be all quiet on the grievance front between Evander Kane and his former team, the Sharks. Don’t confuse that with there being a settlement upcoming. It sounds like both sides have dug in their heels with the Sharks determined not to pay him a cent and Kane eager to clear his name.

A Sharks win is the easiest outcome to understand. Life goes on.

A Kane win means things are much murkier.

The simplest outcome would be for Kane to be made whole. He could get back the money he lost from last season, plus the $500,000 difference in the total amount left on his Sharks contract ($21 million) and the four-year deal he signed with the Oilers in July ($20.5 million).

However, there’s the unlikely scenario he’s awarded back to the Sharks. And that could actually benefit the Oilers.

The Sharks want nothing to do with him and Kane’s San Jose contract has a three-team trade list. I’m told he’d just put the Oilers and two teams that would have no interest in acquiring him (say, Vegas and Winnipeg) on his list.

The Sharks would almost certainly be forced to trade him to the Oilers. Kane would get more money for the entirety of his contract ($21 million rather than $20.5 million). The Oilers could then try to squeeze the Sharks on salary retention so that his cap hit for the Oilers would be even lower than the $5.125 million it is now.

Again, this is probably all moot. Just something to consider.

Reactions: oilers'72

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Look at his history: Kane's been a locker room head case everywhere he's played, and now that he's got his long term deal, it's begun now.
Either that or he scores 40 goals this season and engages physically against the Oilers rivals.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
For all of the shit that was thrown at him early in the year "because he's a problem", Kane has been great for us this year and is a true leader on the team through his on ice play. Keep it up Evander!
Power forward players can be unique on ice in that it seems like in games that they may not have traction, but then they take control of games. Love the top end of Kanes game. Like any power forward sometimes its not going for him and other times where he superheats. He's a force of nature when he's on.
With the talent we have here and the kind of personalities we have here in leadership its a pretty ideal spot for him.

That said I was worried at times about Kane not persevering with clubs. There has been some times in his career where his path with a club had declining results. That seems not to be the case here. This is his longest bull run with a club where he's packing this mojo. Glad its this club.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Gonna go back a bit earlier, and Kanes comments during game in HNIC alleging to taking fighting penalty because I'm just sitting on the bench anyway.

Might be controversial at time but ballsy move and I think also demonstrating a unique leadership to speak his mind, and he was right. Interestingly the comments got attention, Kane got more minutes and hasn't disappointed. it was the players way to demand and get more minutes. But it was also the biggest critique of the Woody coaching, and no other players went there when ultimately we needed a coaching reset.

Just interesting to me to look at this after the fact. I bet a few months later Kanes intervention still looks like gold.

An example as Hrudey indicated where sometimes being defiant or difficult is required.

Thanks Kane.

Reactions: snag

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
For all of the shit that was thrown at him early in the year "because he's a problem", Kane has been great for us this year and is a true leader on the team through his on ice play. Keep it up Evander!
Couldnt agree more.
Kane has clearly matured...he has become a true team player and a leader.
He is also exactly the type of player this team needs.
He brings a lot to the table.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Like everyone else, he didn't look good at all, but you could see the spark going on through the games this season. Just the kind of guy to get the team going when it really needs to. Doesn't pull punches in interviews about their effort either, solid voice to have right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad