Confirmed with Link: Kane is Back [5.125 x 4]

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
Me too. Kane with McDrai is an absolute nuclear weapon, there’s no line that stands up to them. I think we have enough depth to form a good 2nd line and I’m hopeful the young guns can develop into a decent 3rd line.

If I remember correctly when we put Drai up on that line with Kane and McJesus the Flames had no answer, it was game over.

Also I want to see the rest of the guys take control and produce without McDrai, I think it’ll pay off if they can do that.
Puljujarvi‘s best fit is with RNH and Hyman. Get him away from McDrai! If depth is to occur the young guns need to step forward. Give them the chance! Many teams will have trouble dealing with their speed.Lots of pieces for 4th line. Time to move Barrie and Foegele for RD mentor for Broberg on a one year deal.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Puljujarvi‘s best fit is with RNH and Hyman. Get him away from McDrai! If depth is to occur the young guns need to step forward. Give them the chance! Many teams will have trouble dealing with their speed.Lots of pieces for 4th line. Time to move Barrie and Foegele for RD mentor for Broberg on a one year deal.
I agree, that’s a solid 2nd line that could play heavy 5 on 5 minutes.

Holloway - McLeod - Yams would likely be a nice energetic 3rd line too

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Kane scoring 30 goals 50-60 points is the expectation and living up to his contract. He doesn’t just score, he provides us toughness and edge, stands up for Connor and willing to scrap with anyone etc.

He isn’t just an offensive player that brings nothing else, that’s what makes Kane so valuable.

Admittedly, I’m a huge fan of his game. I like the way he plays, I love the swagger he brings and he brings a lot of little things this team lacks. Play him with Connor all year and I think both are going to hit career highs.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I agree, that’s a solid 2nd line that could play heavy 5 on 5 minutes.

Holloway - McLeod - Yams would likely be a nice energetic 3rd line too
I think Kane and McDavid would do best with a guy who can get them the puck or get into the dirty areas as both those guys can easily finish. I think I’d run our forward core (to start)

Kane - McDavid - Holloway
Hyman - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
McLeod - RNH - Puljujarvi

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Absolutely huge to get Kane back and at a very reduced rate. This is a $7-$8 million player in terms of his impact on the ice. Hoping that he has turned a corner in his life and that this is as great of a fit for him and his family as it is for the Oilers on the ice.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
EzOG8WNVIAUK6EC.jpg

Ever since I saw him tweet this, I started hating him.
Mark Spector, do everybody a favor and go f***ing write for another team.

He's such a worm. He knows all the players Oiler fans hate, so naturally he goes out of his way to mention these players and then adds "that's a guy you would want on YOUR team!" as if to essentially call the fans dumb, or to discredit their dislike of the player. Yes Spector - we know that some of these players have talent, but that doesn't mean we can't hate them. Did it for Mikey Anderson in the playoffs too.

He's a f***ing rat.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Actually, I think that would make a great defensive/checking line that can still provide a substantial amount of offence. All three players have a strong defensive acumen and I think Puljujarvi will feel more relaxed with Nuge as his centre - less pressure to perform with one of the big guns.

The only problem is that you'd either need to make that your second line and go nuclear with your first line or find a couple more offensive wingers to play with Connor and Leon.

Reactions: bucks_oil

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Actually, I think that would make a great defensive/checking line that can still provide a substantial amount of offence. All three players have a strong defensive acumen and I think Puljujarvi will feel more relaxed with Nuge as his centre - less pressure to perform with one of the big guns.

The only problem is that you'd either need to make that your second line and go nuclear with your first line or find a couple more offensive wingers to play with Connor and Leon.

As others have suggested, Bourgault, Holloway, McLeod could all get an audition. Kane-McD won't need much, it'll be a pretty sheltered RW position with HUGE support.

Draisaitl and Yama would need the best of those three to make an impact, but we all know what Drai can do with even semi-competent wingers.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Probably posted but ultra cringe interview lady

Saw it via. a FB "suggested Post" and hate myself for clicking and watching.

I noticed he made an ig post seemingly on the same day with his girl and stuff, so he's certainly not hiding from the exposure.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Wasn't a big fan of the acquisition last year based on his off ice reputation. Love what he brought to the team but I'll admit I am still skeptical that he makes it through a four year deal without issues. But for now he's done alright, and the contract is pretty good so we'll see how it goes.

I do hope he picks his spots a little better this year. Thought he took some ill timed penalties that negated powerplays of our own. Kass like. But all in all how can you not be pleased by this as an Oilers fan atm. Hopefully it doesn't come crashing down.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Tkachuk is going to change the direction of the battle of Florida ?

I wonder if he starts with a slew foot on Hedman or a blind side head shot to Stamkos? Or maybe he clubs Kucherov in the head with a stick.

Attempting to score with a stick between the legs shot 9 times per game likely won't get him very far either.

The way Flame fans/media oohed and awed every time he tried it was hilarious. Then when he finally lands one after trying it at least twice per game they go wild.

Tkachuk is a dumb player, flat out. Has talent, but no idea how to manage being a pest properly and no idea how to actually be effective on a nightly basis. When the troll nonsense goes nowhere he kind of just does nothing. He took himself out of the Dallas series by obsessively going after Kilngberg (of all players) then followed it up by being a zero in our series after he decided to pick a dispute with Kane. The Claude Lemieux's of the world knew how to channel their pestiness flawlessly, Tkachuk just does dumb shit that he thinks will get headlines, but in the meantime his play vanishes.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Cant waste Hyman on a 3rd line. Thats Nuge and Puljujärvi.
Hyman with Draisaitl.
Kane and Yamamoto with McDavid.
So one of MacLeod, Järnmark (preferable), Fogele adds to Leon and hyman. Profit.
And an important 3rd line of Fogele or MacLeod, Järnmark(see him as a 3rd liner on this team), Nuge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad