Kane is a Red Wing

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Lookin like Kane hip fixed = back to being elite again. He’s been sensational so far in DET.

Reactions: Pez68

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Kane in Detroit killing it, really hurts. Like, I get it. But this guy should have been a Hawk for life.

Yeah, I'm not buying the whole "he'd be a distraction for Bedard" reason.

But he's gone now, maybe in a season or two he'll finish his career here.

Reactions: Blackhawks

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Kane in Detroit killing it, really hurts. Like, I get it. But this guy should have been a Hawk for life.

Yep. The Hawks have had so few lifetime players. Kane, Toews, Keith and Seabrook all should have been lifetime Blackhawks. Getting a franchise 3 Cups should buy you that legacy, as long as you want it as a player.

I know there's speculation that Kane wanted out but if management had gone to him and said, "look, we're rebuilding, we've got to make some tough decisions and we're going to bottom this thing out but we'd like you to stay and be a part of the build back up", then I don't doubt he would have stayed. Management wanted to force him out and they did. Like you said, I get it too but yeah, even with Bedard this team just doesn't feel the same without Kane (especially) and Toews. It's sentimental but still.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Yep. The Hawks have had so few lifetime players. Kane, Toews, Keith and Seabrook all should have been lifetime Blackhawks. Getting a franchise 3 Cups should buy you that legacy, as long as you want it as a player.

Technically Toews, at the moment, is. He hasn't signed with anybody and who knows if he'll ever suit up again. Some might count Seabrook as well since he never suited up for Tampa Bay and just his contract was traded.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Keith wanted to be closer to his son. and they were all paid well by the hawks. Seabrook especially he is probably a top 10 D man paid all time at this point.

Reactions: Giovi and Mrfenn92

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Sidney Crosby may well not end his career with a rebuilding Penguins.

Its a different age. Lifers are rare.

All the matters is the sweater he was wearing in the Stanley Cup photos and the sweaters they wear entering the HHOF.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL

I know there's speculation that Kane wanted out but if management had gone to him and said, "look, we're rebuilding, we've got to make some tough decisions and we're going to bottom this thing out but we'd like you to stay and be a part of the build back up", then I don't doubt he would have stayed. Management wanted to force him out and they did. Like you said, I get it too but yeah, even with Bedard this team just doesn't feel the same without Kane (especially) and Toews. It's sentimental but still.
Everything has a shelf life and all things come to an end. Nothing lasts forever, that's life.

If there wasn't the 3 Cups, I might feel different, but it doesn't matter what sweater #88 is wearing - I'll always be a fan and always root for his success.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
So is Kane already the most successful player returning from that hip resurfacing surgery?

Looking at his all time numbers, 1500 points is certainly reachable it looks like

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
the issue is Redwings are 2-8-1 in his 11 games and with him scoring a pt per game he is still a -2. I love kane but he does not effect the game 5 vs 5. Redwings were solidly in the playoffs before. not there are solidly out.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
the issue is Redwings are 2-8-1 in his 11 games and with him scoring a pt per game he is still a -2. I love kane but he does not effect the game 5 vs 5. Redwings were solidly in the playoffs before. not there are solidly out.
kane scores point per game after coming back from a surgery that typically ends careers, but he's a -2 so he's actually the problem with the team whose only goalies with a .900+ sv% have a combined 8 games played.

it's like he never left.

Reactions: Space umpire

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
LOL at anybody blaming the Wings skid on #88.

I’m happy as f*** for the guy.

I wish he was playing RW for the Hawks but I’ll always be a massive PK88 fan regardless. There’s a reason why I have a couple #88 jerseys, even a team USA 88 and I’m Canadian. Loved the guy since his first shift wearing the famous logo.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
my point is if he is tearing it up why is he negative 5 V 5. 5 v 5 he has 5 goals 3 assists and when he is on the ice they have given up 10 goals. thats all Im saying. im not blaming kane for all there losing but you have to ask why is he putting up alot of pts and not effecting the win column. its because when he is on the ice they score at .72 goals per game and give up .90 goals per game.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
my point is if he is tearing it up why is he negative 5 V 5. 5 v 5 he has 5 goals 3 assists and when he is on the ice they have given up 10 goals. thats all Im saying. im not blaming kane for all there losing but you have to ask why is he putting up alot of pts and not effecting the win column. its because when he is on the ice they score at .72 goals per game and give up .90 goals per game.
Because the defense is bad and the goaltending is worse.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Go look at his career numbers for the Hawks in the same stats categories... I'd be willing to bet they're pretty damn similar. He's always scored a ton, and his line has always been scored on a ton. It's why Q always had Kane feasting on other matchups, and bottom 4 D while Toews took the hard mins against opposing top lines.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
kane for all the great hawks year 8 years was postive in +/-,
Over Kane's 16 year career with the Hawks he's a +20. With 446 goals... You don't just cherry pick when he's playing on dynasty-level teams that had third lines that rivaled most teams' second lines.

This has always been him. Period. He's not the reason the Wings are losing while he's scoring at a ppg clip and only a -2. Their bad D and shitty goalies are. Their top two goalies... both have 3.40+ GAAs and sub-.900 SV%s.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00