Kane is a Red Wing

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Loved following Kaner as he moved up the all time scoring leaders…

Buy in all fairness, he’s a former Hawks now, I cheered for NYR last playoffs, they were up 2-0 only to lose in seven to the Devils, costing us a 1st rounder…

Kane return so far is…

2nd 2023(Martin Misiak,f)
4th 2025
Villi Saajiarvi,d
Adam Welinski,d, was a swap for Cooper Zech,d

We will see how Misiak progresses and it’s too bad Saarijarvi doesn’t at least get a look, the 2025 4th could end up being something as well…

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Holy shit that video is a time capsule. The differences in the way Kane carried himself back then vs how he does now are absurd. He was a complete prick back then lmao

I mean in many of those clips he is a teenager with millions in the bank I think many would be.

Those clips make me want to go watch that ad for the computer those two did

Reactions: Muffinalt

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Looks to be catching up to speed again, but as predicted Detroit Sucks!

Shine starting to come off Yzerman as GM? Kane open to a trade?
Part of the problem the massive scouting staff he had initially had in Detroit and Tampa (Verbeek, Nill, among others come to mind) are NHL Gms now themselves so he’s on his own now without them. Same way Holland fell off when those 3 were all gone

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Screenshot_20231220-222037-907.png

Strong hairline resurgence to go with the hip, Urlacher going to have some company on those billboards soon?

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Kane just can't pick good teams to play for. He's 0 for 2.

He just wants to play with his buddies.

If he was Cup chasing he should have found a way to get to Vegas last year or this year instead of playing with Bread and Cat.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Kane just can't pick good teams to play for. He's 0 for 2.

He just wants to play with his buddies.

If he was Cup chasing he should have found a way to get to Vegas last year or this year instead of playing with Bread and Cat.
I doubt Vegas wanted him. Doesn’t fit their style

Reactions: Panzerspitze

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Bring Kane back for next season to play with Bedard. He still has it. Looks healthy and rejuvenated. Looks like that same old wizard with the puck on his stick. He and 98 together would be instant success with goals/production galore. They’d be PERFECT together. Bedard will score 70 goals. DO IT!

Reactions: Muffinalt

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Bring Kane back for next season to play with Bedard. He still has it. Looks healthy and rejuvenated. Looks like that same old wizard with the puck on his stick. He and 98 together would be instant success with goals/production galore. They’d be PERFECT together. Bedard will score 70 goals. DO IT!

He should have been a career Blackhawk, no question.

Bring him back so soon now would just feel odd but it sounds like Kane was open to it in the offseason.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
He should have been a career Blackhawk, no question.

Bring him back so soon now would just feel odd but it sounds like Kane was open to it in the offseason.

Who cares how it feels initially. It’s a perfect fit. Unless he gets injured again. He left the door open for a return by only signing on for one year in DET.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Who cares how it feels initially. It’s a perfect fit. Unless he gets injured again. He left the door open for a return by only signing on for one year in DET.

The choice to move on from Kane had very little to do with his on-ice play.

The team doesn't want a Blackhawks legend in the room sucking up the oxygen and becoming the defacto leader. They wanted guys Bedard could lean on, not submit to.

The Kane/Toews era of the Blackhawks is over. It's time to move on. It's WELL PAST time to move on.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
The choice to move on from Kane had very little to do with his on-ice play.

The team doesn't want a Blackhawks legend in the room sucking up the oxygen and becoming the defacto leader. They wanted guys Bedard could lean on, not submit to.

The Kane/Toews era of the Blackhawks is over. It's time to move on. It's WELL PAST time to move on.

Submit to? Nobody is submitting….it’s a perfect match given the way they both think the game. They would BOTH benefit from playing with one another. One a young kid learning from a legend and the other a vet having a late career resurgence alongside a young phenom….there’s no reason to senselessly think it’s a bad fit just because “the Kane/Toews era has ran its course” BS. That doesn’t even mean anything. It should be about how the players mesh/fit with one another based on playing style. If anything Kane would end up being the one taking a slight backseat to the other.

Regardless….if it comes at a cheap price and he continues to show the rest of this season that he still thinks and performs the game at a high level offensively then it would be ridiculous to not think about bringing him home.

Reactions: Malaka

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
At this point in time, I would be on board with bringing Kane back. So far he looks like he still has it. He is skating well.

He's a winner. He would work well with Bedard.

The Toews/Kane era is long gone. That doesn't mean Kane is banned from the team for life.

Don't know if he would sign with us though. Would probably depend what the roster looks like a few days into free agency. If we sign some other decent pieces he might consider it.

Blackhawksfirecoach

Oct 20, 2021
if Kane wants to come back, Hawks might as well consider it. I doubt he'd unilaterally trigger a reversion to the old culture, esp if he keeps a lower profile in the locker room and fully embraces a veteran mentorship role. he can quietly put up points with Bedard and chase franchise records that way, why not.

that would be a serious discussion for him and the front office to have, and I think everyone would feel better about it if Foligno remained around as de facto interim captain to keep leadership consistent from the prior season.

there is something to be said about making a clean break with the past, though, which the Hawks sorely needed to do. no reason to consider it unless there's a clear benefit to developing Bedard et al.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad