Speculation: Kalinin/Medvedev/Nikitin/Tikhonov

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Kalinin - maybe? His grandmother doesn't like the name of the Devils though. :laugh:

The others - no. KHL bound.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Anyone getting another NHL deal?

Medvedev might have screwed himself out another NHL job after his run in with the law (DUI). Better off going back to the KHL.

Tikhonov - With the new GM there, I doubt they bring Tikhonov back, he didn't look all that stellar with the Hawks and wasn't all that great with the Yotes either. Better off going back to the KHL.

Nikita Nikitin - Not sure what went wrong with this guy, he was fairly decent in CBJ, then went to the Oilers and turned bad so fast that he ended up in the AHL in his 2nd year. Was he bought out or did his contract run out?

Dmitri Kalinin...is this guy still playing? Oh you mean Sergei Kalinin...neither is significant.

FazeLeaf*

Wasnt there another Russian dman that was coming from the K. I forgot his name but Ovi was like his kads godfather or something.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
A chess move by a GM could be to sign Tikhonov in hopes that Chicago cant afford Panarin and that he can be lured to your team by $$$ and Tikhonov.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Kalinin might get re-signed by the Devils, and deserves another contract somewhere if he doesn't. He was out of place when he was forced to play in the top 6, but he could be a solid role player on a lot of teams.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
Kalinin was qualified, he will get resigned. Tikhonov is rumored to be offered a contract from SKA, he's not coming back. I haven't heard anything about the other two but I think both are also coming back to Russia.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Wasnt there another Russian dman that was coming from the K. I forgot his name but Ovi was like his kads godfather or something.
You're thinking Ilya Nikulin. He's long past his prime now, doesn't really stand out even in the KHL.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Kalinin already has another NHL deal if he wants it.. he can just sign his QO.

I imagine the Devils will bring him back as he's a good 3rd/4th liner.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Medvedev might have screwed himself out another NHL job after his run in with the law (DUI). Better off going back to the KHL.

Tikhonov - With the new GM there, I doubt they bring Tikhonov back, he didn't look all that stellar with the Hawks and wasn't all that great with the Yotes either. Better off going back to the KHL.

Nikita Nikitin - Not sure what went wrong with this guy, he was fairly decent in CBJ, then went to the Oilers and turned bad so fast that he ended up in the AHL in his 2nd year. Was he bought out or did his contract run out?

Dmitri Kalinin...is this guy still playing? Oh you mean Sergei Kalinin...neither is significant.

From what I understand his last year in Columbus was pretty bad.
Nikitin was not an NHL defenceman at any point in his stint in Edmonton. And he made 4.5 million...

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
From what I understand his last year in Columbus was pretty bad.
Nikitin was not an NHL defenceman at any point in his stint in Edmonton. And he made 4.5 million...

Nikitin was darn good for Columbus in 2011-12 though, looked like a legit top 4 guy at the time. There definitely was a big time falling off there.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Pretty sure Nikitin already signed in the KHL.

He's completely done after his back injury though.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Kalinin is certainly an NHL player, I suspect he'll get a 1 year deal and then try to battle for a spot in the bottom-6 or star in Albany and get called up.

The Devils have a lot of internal competition for their 3rd and 4th lines.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Nikita Nikitin - one of the many legacy moves made by MacT. Basically played the role of a #6/#7 Dman (at best) during his time in Edmonton. Thank you for trading for his rights, and signing him to a $4.5M/year deal. :laugh:

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I always thought Nikitin was talented but he never played up to what I think his potential was.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I always thought Nikitin was talented but he never played up to what I think his potential was.

I can only speak on his time in Edmonton, but about the only thing he had going for him was a big point shot that could be used on the PP and occasionally he'd show a decent breakout pass . His skating was sub par, he rarely played physical and he had back issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad