Confirmed with Link: Kailer Yamamoto bought out

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
You could have acquired him without buying someone out. The guy wasn't resigning in Edmonton, he was going back to the KHL until the Detroit trade happened.
If a guy bolts to the KHL his NHL team still holds his rights until UFA age. Edm wasn't going to not qualify him, I don't think. And buying out Yamamoto is next to nothing.

Kostin, if he continues to grow as similar players of his ilk have progressed is a relatively valuable piece. Philly turned down a 1st and 2nd for Laughton. Not dissimilar to Klim. Tampa traded an entire draft class for Tanner Jeannot. Again, not dissimilar to Klim. Check out Barbashev's resume at Klim's age.

These are in the same vein of late 1st early 2nd round physical wingers drafted over the years. GMs and coaches fall all over themselves for these guys come spring time.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
You could have acquired him without buying someone out. The guy wasn't resigning in Edmonton, he was going back to the KHL until the Detroit trade happened.
Yes, they could have acquired him for a player or draft pick. Edmonton wanted cap relief, so that was the price. I guess you feel the Wings should have given Yamomoto a chance, but Yzerman decided it was cheaper to just buy him out. Obviously, Yzerman felt he added no value to the team.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I guess you feel the Wings should have given Yamomoto a chance, but Yzerman decided it was cheaper to just buy him out. Obviously, Yzerman felt he added no value to the team.

Yeah, mostly because he wanted to leave those roster spots open for better UFAs.

Yzerman is gonna sign at least four guys today, time to prepare for that.

Reactions: kliq

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Yeah, mostly because he wanted to leave those roster spots open for better UFAs.

Yzerman is gonna sign at least four guys today, time to prepare for that.
You nailed it.......JT, Spring, Kostin, and Fischer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad