Confirmed with Link: Kailer Yamamoto bought out

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The buyout terms are whatever.
We paid $1M to acquire Kostin for free. Good business.
Yamamoto was clearly a dump and not Detroit’s target.

But yes, the ‘tight cap’ comment makes no sense. Unless Detroit has a few brinks trucks lined up for Tomorrow and are planning to make it rain like Oprah.

Maybe Yzerman is gonna use all cap space for UFAs.

And trades for DeBrincat and Swayman, makes all possible moves.

Last edited:
Reactions: PelagicJoe

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
The buyout terms are whatever.
We paid $1M to acquire Kostin for free. Good business.
Yamamoto was clearly a dump and not Detroit’s target.

But yes, the ‘tight cap’ comment makes no sense. Unless Detroit has a few brinks trucks lined up for Tomorrow and are planning to make it rain like Oprah.
if we paid 1m to acquire kostin then it wasn't for free............

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Please tell me there's a significant move still coming. Because buying him out before he even plays a game here, when there's a boatload of cap space, makes zero sense.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Why not bring him to camp and see if he can crack our top 9? Not like we have the best forward group in the league or are pushed up to the cap.

Guess this has no move has no bearing on adding DeBrincat or not.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Please tell me there's a significant move still coming. Because buying him out before he even plays a game here, when there's a boatload of cap space, makes zero sense.

There is also Contract limits and Roster limits to think about.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
The player reportedly did not want top play here, simple as that.

Pretty dumb if true... Had he not been bought out, he would've likely been a 1 year rental since he's unlikely to get a $3.2M qualifying offer next summer unless he shows dramatic improvement. Would mean he would be moved at the TDL or free to sign wherever as a UFA next summer AND have whatever taxes didn't take of his $3.2M salary in his bank account.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I figured he'd be a Fabbri level addition that adds scoring depth but whatever. Kostin was apparently the guy we wanted and buying out Yamamoto was the sweetener. Works for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad