Value of: Kaiden Ghule

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Dozens is actually an interesting return I would consider 1 for 1.

Habs have 3 forwards that have more than 30 pts right now... 3!
That's at par with San Jose while even Chicago has more with 4 players above that mark.

And considering our forward prospects might be the worst in the league, trading from a position of strength will make sense down the line.
I have no problem trading from a position of strength but defense isn't a position of strength for this team yet . If D-men are going to be moved it'll start with names like Kovacevic , Harris , Savard and eventually Matheson not Guhle . Don't be enamoured with prospects , until they show actual NHL ability they're magic beans , nothing more .

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Me: He was born in Rouen
You: Yeah, he was born in Rouen, but he was only born in Rouen because he was born in Rouen

Cool story bud

Oh, I see... You don't quite get the difference between being born somewhere and cultural/ethnic identity.

That must create lots of confusion for you, must make communication very difficult, sorry to hear that

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
With the recent Byram-Mittelstadt, it got it me thinking as the Habs need to do this kind of trade. The team has more than enough D-man in the lineup and in the system but lacks good forwards.

What would Ghule's value be? He's 1 year younger than Byram. At this point, he's not as a good but he does not have the concussion history Byram has so I think it evens out.

Also as a reference, Romanov was traded for the 13th overall pick in the 2022 draft before that pick being traded for Kirby Dach.

What kind of top 6 forward could Kaiden Guhle return?

Trading Kaiden Guhle would be impossibly stupid.

There's no chance the Canadiens would do this.

The proposals here are pure fantasy. Take a deep breath, it's just for fun.

Eventually though, some D-men will have to be traded:

Ghule
Reinbacher
Hutson
Xhekaj
Mailloux
Engstrom
Konyushkov

That's 7 D-man. Not everyone will make it probably but I am also not counting a vet or 2 that will be added to that group (whether it's Matheson and Savard or others).

I did not include Harris, Kovacevic, Barron, Struble who have no to little value but are currently part of the D-core as well.

I've barely started reading this thread and you've already made two head scratching posts.

Justin Barron has "no to little value?" Struble has "no value?" Are you even paying attention to the team?

What on earth are you talking about here?!?

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Right. How stupid would someone have to be to trade a below to average first line winger for a 6’3 21 years old D who is able to shut down the top players in this league and playing top line minutes. Right?
Ya he is able to do that just like Zegras is able to be a 100 point center in the league. That doesnt mean either will. Guhle is only 10 months younger then Zegras and has 105 GP where his career high TOI average is 21 minutes a game.

Stop acting like he is a surefire 1st pairing defensemen while Zegras is some 28 year old career 60 pointer.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
No, you won't get nothing. You just wasting your time on here. I was laughed off the board asking for a first for Monahan. All I was offered was a 3rd rounder for Monahan on here. You not going to get nothing for Guhle. Just delete your post.!
Guhle is definitely a valuable piece who holds value. Which is why I don’t understand why MTL would move him over some of the other d pieces they have. He doesn’t hold the same value of a Byram or Sergachev so expecting him to return a young, sure fire 2C is overly optimistic however.

Reactions: HabsQC

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oh, I see... You don't quite get the difference between being born somewhere and cultural/ethnic identity.

That must create lots of confusion for you, must make communication very difficult, sorry to hear that
Yes, how dare I say that someone *born in f***ing France* is French.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yes, how dare I say that someone *born in f***ing France* is French.

Dude, it's ok to be wrong.

There's a difference between french & french Canadian just as there is a difference between being English/British & English/Canadian

Sorry you're having such a hard time with this simple distinction.

Tiny point of contention: Bo Groulx is straight up French. Born in Rouen, haha.

Reactions: viceroy

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

There's a difference between french & french Canadian just as there is a difference between being English/British & English/Canadian

IMG_5617.jpeg

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014

Who gives a rats ass? Regardless of where he was born , being French doesn't increase his value to Montreal in any meaningful way

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Well when you frame it that way! I’d still take zegras
To each their own. Wouldn’t blame you for taking Zegras over Guhle but to say they’re not at least on the same level is laughable at best.

If building a winning franchise is their priority, than yes, that would be a bad move.

But some people just love sizzle... Fans certainly are entitled to celebrate and prioritize whatever floats their boat.

That said, I do think Zegras has it in him to become a quality, perhaps even top tier/elite first line winger... But at this stage, Guhle is a better contributor and a more solid bet to become a quality top pairing D, perhaps even top tier/elite.
He does have it in him. So does Guhle who I think already has a bigger impact on the game than Zegras and to say no one would ever trade a Zegras for a Guhle is living in la la land.

• Haha
Reactions: viceroy and Grinner

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
To each their own. Wouldn’t blame you for taking Zegras over Guhle but to say they’re not at least on the same level is laughable at best.

He does have it in him. So does Guhle who I think already has a bigger impact on the game than Zegras and to say no one would ever trade a Zegras for a Guhle is living in la la land.
I read the zegras thread on Montreal boards, there was a significant # of Montreal fans that would trade guhle + and even guhle ++ for zegras…. If you pitched guhle for zegras in Anaheim boards you’d get laughed off.

Maybe right now they are close, but I think zegras has the much higher potential.

And in terms of impact, the ducks record with zegras in the line up is significantly better than without

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I read the zegras thread on Montreal boards, there was a significant # of Montreal fans that would trade guhle + and even guhle ++ for zegras…. If you pitched guhle for zegras in Anaheim boards you’d get laughed off.

Maybe right now they are close, but I think zegras has the much higher potential.

And in terms of impact, the ducks record with zegras in the line up is significantly better than without
Jesus christ

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Trading Kaiden Guhle would be impossibly stupid.

There's no chance the Canadiens would do this.

I've barely started reading this thread and you've already made two head scratching posts.

Justin Barron has "no to little value?" Struble has "no value?" Are you even paying attention to the team?

What on earth are you talking about here?!?
That's why Justin Barron is in the AHL having while Struble is scratched today.
Maybe you can get a 2nd rounder for these guys. That is little value to me.

I have no problem trading from a position of strength but defense isn't a position of strength for this team yet . If D-men are going to be moved it'll start with names like Kovacevic , Harris , Savard and eventually Matheson not Guhle . Don't be enamoured with prospects , until they show actual NHL ability they're magic beans , nothing more .
The problem is you won't be getting anything of value for Kovacevic, Harris. So that's not gonna yield a top 6 forward.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I think your reading was a tad... selective... if that was your takeaway.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

LOL - uh ok. His 7 points in 20 games has been impactful for the Ducks. Or is hit his elite defensive play? ;)

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

I don’t think we read the same thread. I don’t see many habs fans lining up to give Guhle for Zegras let alone add to him.

I also think what you meant is Zegras has the higher skill set. In terms of impact Guhle is much more likely to have a bigger impact on the ice than Zegras, especially if he’s going to play wing.

Zegras impact this year has been very minimal - even when he was suiting up but I’ll count that as an outlier.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
If habs want to move him, NYR should be all over this….
I wouldn’t though. Sophomore slump is a real thing, especially for Big D men.
They aren’t used to playing that many minutes in that long of a season…
Guhle reminds me of what happened to Schneider..
Excellent 1st year, not as polished/good in 2nd.
Now many want to trade Trouba and bump Schneider up because he’s had a really good season so far.
There were some donks saying “ he’s just big, that’s why he gets noteriety”
They’ve shut up this year as Schneider took the next step and looks far more consistent/better.
I’d look for Guhle to have a really good development year next season….

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I'd love Guhle on the Blues. We need a young LH, all situations top 4. I'd offer a deal with a base of:

1) 24 1st top 3 protected (currently 13th by point%) or
2) Jake Neighbours (21 yo, 21 goals, big net front presence).

I would add as well.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I think Habs keep him. Hes not worth much to a contender and other bad teams also have young dmen who needs ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad