Value of: Kaiden Ghule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
What would you expect for Parayko?

I am a big Parayko fan with little concern about contract length. So take this with that grain of salt. But I'm only trading Parayko if a younger stud D is coming back. Guhl would fit that bill, but we've already gone over that we both want the other to have them as a pair.

I'm not comfortable giving an ask because I do not want him traded. Anything I'd ask would be insulting. It'd have to be the case where you knocked my socks off with an offer that includes a young D I really like. But I'm not going to ask for like Reinbacher+ cause that is ridiculous

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
NOOOOOOOOOOO

We traded a top quality prospect 6 years ago to "shore up the top 6" and we're still looking for a replacement.

Trading Guhle would be an enormous mistake.

Yes there is "quantity" of decent quality defensive prospects througg the organization, but we need "quality". I dont care if theres 10 NHLers in the pipeline. If they're all 3rd pairing defensemen, its all noise.

Guhle is in the NHL. He has potential. He has all the qualities you want from a future, legit top 4 defenseman, potentially top pairing. Who else in the pipeline can claim this?

Where are all these supposedly top D prospects? Xhekaj is cool, but he ain't it. Harris probably wont be as good as Guhle will. Barron, Mailloux, Reinbacher are RD. Hutson isn't in the NHL yet and plays a completely different game. Engstrom? Exciting, why not letting it play out and see if he can become a really good defenseman in the NHL?

Whyare we, Habs fans, obsessed with quantity instead of quality?

Habs do not have a Makar. Theres no space to trade Guhle.

Wingers are found plenty at FA, and very cheap at the TDL.

Edit: hilarious. As I'm reading the thread, I see many fans from other teams recognizing that trading Guhle would be a mistake.

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I am a big Parayko fan with little concern about contract length. So take this with that grain of salt. But I'm only trading Parayko if a younger stud D is coming back. Guhl would fit that bill, but we've already gone over that we both want the other to have them as a pair.

I'm not comfortable giving an ask because I do not want him traded. Anything I'd ask would be insulting. It'd have to be the case where you knocked my socks off with an offer that includes a young D I really like. But I'm not going to ask for like Reinbacher+ cause that is ridiculous
I would offer any or all of :

1. Habs 1st (Wpg 2024 or Cgy 2025)
2. Justin Barron or Jayden Struble
3. Filip Mesar
4. Additional picks

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why you want Parayko so bad? Habs over stacked on D already
Guhle - Parayko
Matheson - Savard
Xhekaj - Kovacevic/Harris

This gives Hutson and Reinbacher time to develop properly in Laval. It allows Guhle to play on his natural left side with a competent top pairing dman. It creates an actual 1st pairing and second pairing. Reinbacher / Mailloux take over Savard's role in 2025/2026. Hutson can take over Matheson's role in 2025/2026 ish.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Guhle - Parayko
Matheson - Savard
Xhekaj - Kovacevic/Harris

This gives Hutson and Reinbacher time to develop properly in Laval. It allows Guhle to play on his natural left side. It creates an actual 1st pairing and second pairing. Reinbacher / Mailloux take over Savard's role in 2025/2026. Hutson can take over Matheson's role in 2025/2026 ish.
I get that but 31 years old and big contract? I would put Matheson in deal and pull Jets pick and Struble out. To off set salaries. My second pairing be Wifi and Savard.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Habs will be waiting at least 3 years for their D corps to mature into a competitive bunch. With Parayko, it speeds up the transition.

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Would either Hutson or Mailloux fit that bill? Obviously Habs could add other assets to balance out the value

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Would either Hutson or Mailloux fit that bill? Obviously Habs could add other assets to balance out the value
Habs aren't trading a RD who's having a phenomenal year in the AHL or hutson for Parayko. hughes will keep vets on D like matheson and Savard and deal them when it's appropriate. 0 need for parayko. none.
He's 31 next year and will be in his mid 30s when habs might be ready to contend.
The focus should be replacing all the crap in the bottom 9 forward group

Last edited:
Reactions: viceroy

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Not for me. Hutson's size is a concern. We have Krug and Perunovich. Both are severely hampered on defense by their size. I have not watched a ton of Hutson, but his size concerns me as he moves up levels and competition gets bgiger, stornger, faster.

Big no thank you on Malloux he is a criminal and sex offender. I don't want him on my team regardless of talent.

I don't want to trade Parayko. You will find few Blues fans who do. Its not about value. The only reason I'd consider it would be to trade Parayko to a team where he fits in their win now timeline for a younger player with no questions that needs a bit of time and fits more within our timeline. It would have to be an overpayment, and we'd have to get a no questions D prospect. If you are adding to baance, that is not a trade I want. I prefer being the one offering quantity and getting quality. Montreal is a not a good fit for that since we are probably on similar timelines.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Maybe. But it seems that other then Kaiden and reinbacher the others don’t really fit as potential top pairing dmen.
Well, as I said, we could another this draft. We draft 7th. Buium or Dickinson, somebody like that. If Guhle return top line player, between 21-23. If not we probably selecting a forward. Catton by way they talk.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If we can get a 22-23 year old first line forward we might. Habs deep on D. Could draft another one if we acquire right forward before draft. Habs draft 7th
Habs are not deep on quality D. Guhle is the only proven quality top / 2nd pairing young D. Guhle is not for sale.

Reactions: viceroy

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Guhle - Reinbacker
Hutson - Mailloux
Xhekaj - Struble (or someone else)

Should be our defense corps for the next few years

We shouldn't trade Guhle, ever, unless we receive an offer that we simply can't refuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad