Dreger: Kadri wants out if Calgary rebuilds.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
And his answer spawned the comment.
So he should lie? I don't see the big deal about being honest. If people used their brains they'd realize no player wants be apart of a rebuild, they all want to win and something would seriously be wrong with them if they didn't.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Please save Kadri from Calgary, I would him on a Boston team or even better Colorado
This isn't a knock. but, to me he went to Calgary to be 'the guy' and he's not the guy. He's an amazing complimentary player. Kind of like RNH. He was cast perfectly in Colorado on that cup run. I'm a big fan tbh He'd be an amazing fit on my Oilers because he'd be complimenting McD and Drai. He'd be loved by us and hated by everyone else.lol

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
This isn't a knock. but, to me he went to Calgary to be 'the guy' and he's not the guy. He's an amazing complimentary player. Kind of like RNH. He was cast perfectly in Colorado on that cup run. I'm a big fan tbh He'd be an amazing fit on my Oilers because he'd be complimenting McD and Drai. He'd be loved by us and hated by everyone else.lol
I would take him on any team that has more to pages on their GDT. lol

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
A return to Colorado feels almost natural at this point. Avs have a need for a 2C and the risky experiment they went with this summer isn't working as hoped.

Though I do think Kadri's contract could be an issue due to other dumb decisions our management have made in the past ~15 months. Namely signing Josh Manson, Miles Wood, and trading for Ryan Johansen.
I think if Calgary is willing to retain 2 million a deal could be had with the Avs.

Reactions: Koolboss

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Dreger was on insider trading and he said Kadri wants to stay in Calgary provided they do not enter rebuild mode.

If the flames do enter rebuild mode Kadri is not interested.

Who takes that contract?

Boston has holes down the middle he would be the perfect Bruin.
Boston has no space for that contract and with the emergence of Poitras + Zacha playing well the C position isn't as dire as the rest of the league's fans wanted it to be. We'll pass.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
BS BS and more BS. if he wants to win NOW and demands a trade then ok, let him tear-up his contract and offer himself to a top team for league minimum in order for these top teams to afford him. but i think what he really wants is to have a top team throw out some of their own players in order to create cap room for him. Kadri accepted and signed his flames contract so SHUT THE F__K UP AND PLAY YOUR BEST FOR THE FLAMES. he is acting like a modern day women. " yes I married you but now I think I can do better so I am taking all the kids and the child support and half of everything you worked for all you life " because I WANT TO WIN NOW.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
Before signing, these guys need to sit down and decide - do you want to win or get big money/long term? That extra 2m he took prevents him from being traded pretty much. For Huberdeau, it’s about 3.5m.

You either need to go team friendly to win pr get paid. You can’t get paid then whine when the team is forced to rebuild because they can’t get good help. Like when Toews cried in Chicago making 10.5m as a 3C, I have a hard time finding sympathy.

He should have resigned 5m x 8y on the avs and won a cup on a contender if losing is such a big deal.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Kadri will stay I think. Flames aren't as bad as everyone seems to think, although they may be if Conroy ships out UFA's for nothing more than picks and prospects.

Still Calgary has managed to promote some prospects that are flourishing. And two of them, Zary and Pospisil, seem to have given old man Kadri a new lease on life.

I think he is actually have fun playing the old man role with a couple of kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Do players like Kadri (Huberdeau too) actually believe they have trade value with those contracts - their age - and how poorly they’re playing?
I am not a fan of ownership for the most part, they are the reason we have salary caps in place, to protect their selves, and they still screw it up sign players too contracts that just are too irresponsible or their part so from BOOHOO!. With that said the players sign these contracts honor them, or ask the team if they will terminate them, I am giving odds that will never happen. So my suggestion is to the players "suck it butter cup ", and to the owners and management pay the man and fire those responsible.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Please save Kadri from Calgary, I would him on a Boston team or even better Colorado
I did not want the guy before he signed with Calgary and certainly don't want him with that albatross contract that comes with him. Bottom line Bruins are all set.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
I doubt a cheap owner like Edwards is willing to retrain even 1-2 million for 5.5 years. Maybe a team would be willing to take him but might wanna swap a similar contract.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
If you are Calgary and trading away everyone, I think one under-rated topic is the order in which you move the pieces.

I would submit that you would want to move Kadri first, with him having that contract.

It would be a mistake imo, to trade the 2/3 defenders, then try to move Naz. Any leverage is gone.

Just my $0.02.

Reactions: Peen

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Gotta love the 2nd highest paid player on the team who is going to be lucky to crack 50 points looking at management like they are the ones not trying.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
If you are Calgary and trading away everyone, I think one under-rated topic is the order in which you move the pieces.

I would submit that you would want to move Kadri first, with him having that contract.

It would be a mistake imo, to trade the 2/3 defenders, then try to move Naz. Any leverage is gone.

Just my $0.02.
Tanev and Kadri need to be the first guys they move imo

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
No one is going to want Kadri. With that AAV + term, Calgary would have to retain like 50% to make it palatable to anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad