Proposal: Kadri for a blueliner

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
While I agree with you, we constantly hear how Danault is a #2C.

You hear that from fools, or perhaps optimists. He could be utilized in that role either for a short period of time, or on a very unsuccessful team. Danault is an excellent third line center though. One of the few great trades that Bergevin made was the one he made to acquire him.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If I were the Leafs, I don’t touch the centers unless a loaded gun is pointed against their heads. Take time to work out every possible option before messing with that center depth.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
You hear that from fools, or perhaps optimists. He could be utilized in that role either for a short period of time, or on a very unsuccessful team. Danault is an excellent third line center though. One of the few great trades that Bergevin made was the one he made to acquire him.

Agreed, though I don't know if he'd be an excellent third line C on a contender. Good, sure, but in a more specific role (i.e. a team who has at minimum 1 center higher in the lineup who can play a more defensive, shut-down role and on the PK). He strikes me very similar to Bozak, though I'd argue Bozak is more of a middle 6C.

An elite third C would be someone like Ellers for me.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Huh?

The post was about the dubious claim he was a Top 15 center in the NHL, how is it a deflection to point out that you are now pegging him in the Top 30? Speaking specially about the actual top is a deflection?
The comment I was responding to was that he is shouldn't be considered a #1 center by a habs fan. My point was that he would be a #1 on Montreal and then later added 2 other teams he could be a #1 center. Anyone who says he isn't a great center is blind or willfully ignorant.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Kadri isn't getting traded. He's a homegrown talent on a great contract that's developed into an important core piece.
Nylander is a great player and he's going to get better, but the Leafs can't afford to keep all of these forwards and not address their blueline long term and Nylander will certainly end up being much more expensive than Kadri and his value will be higher than Kadri's, so the smart money is on trading Nylander.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
The comment I was responding to was that he is shouldn't be considered a #1 center by a habs fan. My point was that he would be a #1 on Montreal and then later added 2 other teams he could be a #1 center. Anyone who says he isn't a great center is blind or willfully ignorant.

Nazem Kadri - who grew up a Habs fan - would be an excellent fit on the Canadiens first line, we certainly agree there.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Nazem Kadri - who grew up a Habs fan - would be an excellent fit on the Canadiens first line, we certainly agree there.
Do you really want me to get started on which players grew up leaf fans? This is silly

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Huh?

Why would I want you to get started on players that grew up a Leaf fan? What does that have to do with it?
You throw out a statement that Kadri was a habs fan ….like it is relevant and you ask this? How many voices are in your head?

Reactions: BAM

Bullcrapbob

Aug 26, 2018
Kadri isn't getting traded. He's a homegrown talent on a great contract that's developed into an important core piece.
Nylander is a great player and he's going to get better, but the Leafs can't afford to keep all of these forwards and not address their blueline long term and Nylander will certainly end up being much more expensive than Kadri and his value will be higher than Kadri's, so the smart money is on trading Nylander.
I agree..kadris the gritty 2 way center that you need in Playoff runs..dont trade kadri!!!

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I agree..kadris the gritty 2 way center that you need in Playoff runs..dont trade kadri!!!

I wasn't a big fan of his brashness after he got drafted, but he has proven his worth of his draft position and he's developed into a really good 2-way player.
If he was making 6M per year I'd understand if he was seen as the odd man out, but there's so much value on his contract. 4.5M per year for 4 years and he's coming into his prime.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Lol...really? Because you just posted this like it was relevant?

Hardly feel like it was pitched as something relevant, I was just pointing out he was a Habs fan as a child in a post about how valuable he would be to the Canadiens. It's merely an observation, nothing relevant at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad