You rather have Kadri at 9 or Tavares at 11

• Kadri at 9

Votes: 62 34.1%
  • Tavares at 11

Votes: 120 65.9%

• Total voters

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I know, it's hard to read the OP sometimes.

Understandable, considering the incoming overpay for DeBrincat and the very expensive Norris contract, not to mention Zaitsev.
Exactly. We have real stars to sign (and have signed). No need for overpriced old players.

So again, whichever contract I can get out of quicker.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Easy Tavares at 11.

Kadri has been a third/second line C for a huge majority of his career.

Handshot

Jan 28, 2015
Kadri at 11 would be better than Tavares at 11. Kadri is the better player.
If you look at the last 3 years (Kadri's entire time with Colorado), Tavares has a higher goals per game and assists per game. If you extend it to the last 4 years then you include Tavares' monster 47g season and he pulls away even more.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If you look at the last 3 years (Kadri's entire time with Colorado), Tavares has a higher goals per game and assists per game. If you extend it to the last 4 years then you include Tavares' monster 47g season and he pulls away even more.

I don’t care about 3, or 4 years ago.

If I had the choice between the two moving forward on identical contracts, I’d take Naz.

I don’t think Kadri will be as good as he was last year, but Tavares isn’t really that special anymore. Tavares hasn’t been at the level Kadri was at this year in quite a while.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Same term, I'd take Kadri. Accounting for Kadri likely having a longer deal than Tavares, I'd probably take the latter. Neither contract is (will be) ideal, but they're not the worst in the league.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
In reality, I'd take the Tavares contract since it ends sooner.

In the case where both end at the same time, I still lean towards Tavares slightly.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
JT very easily. proven year after year producer. same age and less left on contract. Kadri while a great talent really had an anomaly season compared to the rest of his career. If he can repeat it this season then i would have to re evaluate my choice.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Nazem Kadri still want 9 millions per season... do you rather have Kadri at 9 or Tavares at 11.

IMO... I'd rather have Kadri at 9 than Tavares at 11.
Disingenuous to ask this question without including contract length.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Kadri had a great year and all, but he’s NO WHERE near a 9 mill player. Given his age and body of overall work, it’s no surprise no one has bit on his 9 mill demand

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I've always liked Kadri. But this past season was a pretty big jump from his normal output. And just becasue he finally had a playoff impact instead of being suspended doesn't mean he's not still a risk..

Tavares, on the other hand, is about as consistent as it gets. He's a reliable and safe pick here.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Kadri if he could replicate how well he played last year and was magically younger. As it stands, I'd rather Tavares. Kadri was awesome last year though.

mapleleafslaughssame

May 20, 2022
Tavares

IMO production isn’t really an issue he plays an important position and plays in front of the net something none of our other stars play and he’s a ppg player give or take. He’s just overpaid alike an M or 2. But so is Marner.

Tavares at least will play his entire contract and produce points and play a role nobody else does for us.

Kadri on the other hand if he got 9 he probably won’t replicate last season and his play style probably won last long so might be worth it for a few years but he’s going to be a financial liability later in.

If kadri signed 7x5 I’d take him any more more or term it’s going to be bad.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
If it were an option... neither, but since it is not it would be Kadri at 9 if he was signed for the same term as JT. If it is JT for 3 years at 11 vs Kadri for 7 years at 9 it would be JT since the pain would end sooner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad