• Kadri at 9

Votes: 62 34.1%
  • Tavares at 11

Votes: 120 65.9%

• Total voters

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Tavares only has 3 years left, what term is Kadri after? I like Kadri but you know what you get with Tavares. What is a 31 year old Kadri after a career year in Colorado destroying his previous best going to do away from that team offensively?
I say Tavares out of fear of paying for a career year

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I mean, if Kadri was the age JT was when he signed, then him. JT has like 3 years left so as much as it hurts, I'd rather JT at 11x3 years than Kadri at 9x7. If Kadri somehow signed for 9M at JTs remaining term, then obviously it's pretty easily him.... The potential term for Kadri is what makes this ugly at his age.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Tavares for sure

Kadri has only twice in his career paced for over 61 points in 82 games.
Tavares - outside of his rookie year - has only once paced for below 70 points in 82 games.

They're both the same age.

All Kadri has going for him is a fantastic career year last year - but there's so much uncertainty about whether or not he can repeat.
Tavares has also played as a legitimate top tier #1C most of his career (#2 since Toronto) and done great. Kadri - never

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Tavares has 3 years left, so if it’s Kadri at 9 for 3 years, then I’d think about it. Obviously Tavares has been better for most of their careers, but Kadri wasn’t just riding hot percentages last year, he was legitimately really good, and Tavares isn’t the play driver he used to be at ES anymore. With Kadri at least there’s some chance he could be worth 9 this year. Tavares there’s very little chance he’ll be worth 11. At the same time, there’s a higher floor for Tavares and less risk with more years. I’d probably take Kadri for 1 year, and see if he can’t come close to replicating what he did and Tavares for 3. Torn on 2 years. If Kadri is long term you easily take Tavares.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Where's neither, both are/will be overpaid? :P

Prolly Tavares, cause you'll clear that contract sooner unless Kadri takes a short-term deal.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Kadri will sign for 7 on the cap.
So, I’ll gladly have Kadri from his last contract (key in a Cup win) and his next contract than Tavares. IMO the Leafs made a big mistake moving on from Kadri.

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS
Tavares doesn't have a great contract, but I think he also suffers from people assume that because the contract is bad, so is he. Much safer bet than Kadri.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Tavares doesn't have a great contract, but I think he also suffers from people assume that because the contract is bad, so is he. Much safer bet than Kadri.
How about Kadri signs a contract before we compare the two? For the last contract Kadri was on I want him over Tavares at 11. And it looks like Kadri will come in at 6-7 on this contract. So, do we want our second line centre to be Tavares at 11 or Kadri at 6-7?

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I think Kadri is going to regress back to being a ~50 point, 60 in a good year player. They'll both be overpaid, I'd rather overpay the better player.

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
Unless Kadri has a Marchand-esque career arc, it's Tavares.

Here's a list of players who have put up their best offensive seasons over a decade into their career and sustained it into their 30s.

Brad Marchand.

I love Kadri to death but betting that he's gonna be Brad Marchand is like withdrawing money from your retirement fund to invest in the Powerball.

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS
How about Kadri signs a contract before we compare the two? For the last contract Kadri was on I want him over Tavares at 11. And it looks like Kadri will come in at 6-7 on this contract. So, do we want our second line centre to be Tavares at 11 or Kadri at 6-7?
Isn't the question assuming Kadri at 9? At 6-7 the scales tip in his direction, no question.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I myself want 5millions!

Jokes aside. I never thought Kadri would break out, so good for him. But oh man. 9 millions? Why?? If he thinks he was the main reason for winning?
9 millions is less than Tavarea dreadful 11 millions, what is just to much.
So I would go a 4 yeara of Kadri rather than 3 years of slow Tavares.

If he got more years than that.I donr want any of them. Fold the team
I would thoigh go 3 years of Tavarws, where as after two years I simply trade him with a high pick (2nd rounder and a prosoect). Or buying him out. 6 millions for two years is doable.

Jack Spider

Jun 2, 2022
Tavares was 60% at faceoffs and with a stacked eastern conference going against guys like bergeron barkov couturier etc I’d rather have tavs behind matthews

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Tavares. The mistake for the leafs was not the idea of Kadri being better/close to Tavares cause Tavares is the far better player.

The mistake was Kadri + 6.5 million in cap space could have got then another player they needd and been a very good 2C

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I know, it's hard to read the OP sometimes.

Whatever contract I get out of quicker.
Understandable, considering the incoming overpay for DeBrincat and the very expensive Norris contract, not to mention Zaitsev.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Kadri will sign for 7 on the cap.
So, I’ll gladly have Kadri from his last contract (key in a Cup win) and his next contract than Tavares. IMO the Leafs made a big mistake moving on from Kadri.

That would have happened by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad