Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko - The grande nickname discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Haven’t read this thread so I don’t know what was submitted.

How about:

Kaapo for Kakko puffs.....

Reactions: will1066

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Had the weirdest dream ever. Kakko had just landed into NYR and I was there watching his first ever NHL game. I would tell you more & the outcome but can't due to spoiler alert! Guess it's the subconscious saying we're getting closer each passing day. But damn, could the time slide any slower?

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
Had the weirdest dream ever. Kakko had just landed into NYR and I was there watching his first ever NHL game. I would tell you more & the outcome but can't due to spoiler alert! Guess it's the subconscious saying we're getting closer each passing day. But damn, could the time slide any slower?
Soooo slow yes. So what are the plans for NYR? Training camp starts etc? When is the new King landing in NY?

Sooth

Jun 27, 2006
Finland
www.last.fm

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

If it's just your dream and not actually real, are you actually spoiling anything? :laugh:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Rantanen was asked today what tips he would give to Kaapo for his first NHL season...he said "Nothing related to playing, he knows that stuff, but I'll be refreshing youtube for his first english -language interview". Lmao. I bet Kaapo's gotten some shit for the "wow, its a nice city" thing from the training group.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Soooo slow yes. So what are the plans for NYR? Training camp starts etc? When is the new King landing in NY?

It looks like someone beat me to it. Actually I'm even a bit surprised that he's coming so "soon" already since he was training in Rautala's camp this summer. Was expecting him to join NYR just before the training camp but it seems he's there a couple of weeks sooner. Come to think of it maybe it's for the better so he get to acclimate with the new culture, maybe get to meet some of his future team mates and of course continue his training under someone else's supervision.

If it's just your dream and not actually real, are you actually spoiling anything? :laugh:

Hah! Well like I said it was one of those weird dreams (literally outside the realms of the reality). I actually left out the part where both Granlund brothers had also been drafted by the NYR and they were at the same age as Kaapo. I probably wouldn't even have much recollection of the dream anymore had it not been for the reincarnations of the brothers. :laugh: I just remember wondering how they were there and having little interest for the two and only wanting Kakko to really make a huge entrance. Considering what I just said, let alone having no gifts for foreseeing, I would take that outcome with grain of salt even if I did remember how the game ended. :naughty:

It did make me yearn forward for the Jets game though. I'm actually a big fan of Laine as well, so this opening game could not be any sweeter! He seems to hold Kakko in pretty high regard and has openly stated some pretty high praises about him. They shared the same summer training camp this year, played practise games (floor ball) together in the same line and connected well, which isn't much of a surprise. Of course I've watched almost all the Jets games over the past three years but for whatever reason I don't feel much connection with the team and don't really even feel like I was rooting for them. Just care about how Laine is doing. Should be interesting to see how it goes with the Rangers since this was my favourite team (in the 90s) while growing up and getting to know the game. Now that Kakko is here I just have to free up a lot of time so that I don't lose much of his games. Really looking forward to getting to know this franchise better and of course the fan base.

I actually have a pretty high expectations for the kid especially after seeing how well he did at the @ Worlds. Then again, even if he didn't "click" immediately off the gates that wouldn't be the end of the world. After all it's impossible to predict how well any European teenager adapts to smaller rinks, nevermind less time and space. He doesn't have to win the Calder (although I wouldn't be shocked if he did), but in the long run I have a lot of faith that "El Kappo" will turn out something really special.

Now, if someone would just spin the wheels of time, just a tiny little bit. I swear I wouldn't complain about the lost ~two months!

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Guys.....guys...

We got kaapo kakko....

I was watching some hockey highlights of him today and it just sorta hit me like a sledge hammer...this mofo is gonna be on our team next season and a lot longer hopefully.

Good god.

When I was watching THG's History of the Rangers and he went over draft picks, I kinda had that thought. Like, "wow, we finally have a kid that could wind up being a star forward."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad