IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Allahu Kakkbar

tenor.gif

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I've had my differences with Hughes, let's say, and even I had him so far ahead of 3rd that he was in a different dimension.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
You said it yourself. Double a, double k. Now you can spell it every time.

It always amazes me how it's even possible for English-speakers to struggle with 5-letter names. Ridiculous.

It's a lack of attention to detail. My name is Brian. You have no idea how often people spell it as Brain. My 5th grade teach gave us all pencils for Christmas with our names on them. Mine said Brain. I'm sure it was the fault of whoever made them, but still.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
It's a lack of attention to detail. My name is Brian. You have no idea how often people spell it as Brain. My 5th grade teach gave us all pencils for Christmas with our names on them. Mine said Brain. I'm sure it was the fault of whoever made them, but still.

Micheal Ferland and Micheal Haley decided to run with it

Reactions: egelband

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Every time I spell Kaapo Kakko out loud, I think I’m doing Jeff Jarrett promo...

K-Double A-P-O, K-A-Double K-O!

Follow it by a little strut and give somebody The Stroke after and raise the belt in the air after the pin!

That reminds me of Gilligan's Island.

G-I-Double L-I-G-A-N spells Gilligan.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
It helps if you pronounce it the Finnish way.

Kaah-Poe Kak-Koh

Actually in Finland it's pronounced "Kaapo Kakko". We don't have to wonder how words are pronounced in Finnish. They are pronounced the way they are written. When you hear a word, you know how it's spelled. It's pretty simple and logical. That's why we don't need spelling bees either.

Mod: Let's not

Last edited by a moderator:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Actually in Finland it's pronounced "Kaapo Kakko". We don't have to wonder how words are pronounced in Finnish. They are pronounced the way they are written. When you hear a word, you know how it's spelled. It's pretty simple and logical. That's why we don't need spelling bees either.

As someone who visits Finland regularly, and talks to Finns on a daily basis in my profession I can honestly say that words aren't simply "pronounced the way they are written"

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad