Injury Report: JVR Out 6-8 Weeks

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
It sucks but it's good for the tank, and we get to see Leivo for a while.

JVR has been excellent this year and IMO has definitely played like a first line talent without Kessel. Had Kadri not been so snake bitten earlier in the year, JVR's point totals would be even better.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Man this lineup is getting to vintage 2011 trots predator levels of anemic offense now. Oilers get mcdavid back and we lose JVR, im sorry folks but this tank job is out of our hands now, the tank is real

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Get well buddy but now that we've lost JvR. I am officially all in on the tank. Hope we lose more than we did in the first half.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
With my luck, they'll continue to win.

Thanks Babs. Great Job?

I don't even know anymore....I'm so confused.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
With my luck, they'll continue to win.

Thanks Babs. Great Job?

I don't even know anymore....I'm so confused.

This pretty much sums it up for me as well. I am not sure how I feel about it. What a weird time to be a Leaf fan.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I'm actually surprised they didn't call up Clune.

Not that I think Clune is a good player, in fact, I think he blows. But, I just felt like management would call him up because they seemed to like him.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
That really sucks. He was doing very well this year, proving that he wasn't a product of Kessel.

On the bright side, this is a huge boost for the tank.

klamla

Jan 3, 2016
I've liked Leivo based on the few games I have seen him play, seems to work really hard. What is his realistic projection?

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
A good opportunity for both Leivo and Lupul. Hopefully Lupul can be put on that line and see his offensive totals take off a bit before the deadline.

Leivo needs to show he can stick at the NHL at this point, or he may go the way of Greg McKegg before him.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm so glad Josh Leivo got recalled. He's been great for the Marlies.

Losing JVR will hurt this team so much though. They will need Lupul to produce a lot more.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I think Josh Leivo may have finally played his last game in the minors.

I hope that's true but he looked overmatched physically last time he was in the Leafs' lineup. The good thing is that he was going into areas where this was happening. I'm hoping that he's stronger (or quicker) this time around. He definitely has the puck skills of at least a bottom 6 NHL forward.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
For the first time in my life I've gone into the year not caring whether or not the leafs win.

My thoughts exactly. This has been the easiest season in the last 10 to be a Leaf fan. Absolutely zero expectations. I'm not "team tank" or "team win", i am "let the chips fall where they may". I sucks to lose JVR, but i've wanted Lievo to get a legit shot for 3 years now, so we'll see i guess.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Love the way how JVR is playing under Babs.

Continue to put up the points while putting an effort on the back check.

This will help with a couple of positions in the lottery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad