Injury Report: JVR Out 6-8 Weeks

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Well the tankers will be ecstatic, JVR has been our main man this year. Won't help the cause for sure. For the want to win crowd. Knowing Babcock though, the team will keep scratching and clawing.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Damn that sucks. I was teeter tottering on the make the playoffs vs. tank stance. Looks like I'm going pro tank. JVR was arguably our best forward with Leo and Naz.

Excited for Leivo though, want to see what he can do. Just wish it didn't come at the expense of JVR.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Too bad, JVR was having an excellent season.

Opens a door for the kids though .. Interested to see how Leivo does under Babcock

XxJammingxX

Mar 5, 2014
Looks like we cant move him at the deadline. Unless they dont put him on IR.

(Im not saying they were going to always move him but it was a possibility)

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
damn. that sucks.

i'd like to see Leivo with Komorov and Kadri and move Grabner down to the 4th line (Grabner sucks).

It will be nice to see Leivo in the NHL though.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Must have thought it was a bruise or something. That's too bad. Leivo gets a chance though, it is a good opportunity for him. Good for the tank too. Although, anyone who wanted to trade JVR will be dissapointed.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Before we start our tank parade, remember that no single player on this year's team seems irreplaceable. And we do have a substitution for JVR's role: Lupul. Leivo will get Lupul's role on the 3rd line.

What's too bad is that this would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce either Nylander or Brown to NHL hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->