Value of: Justin Faulk and Jeff Skinner at the draft

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Carolina has not made the playoffs since 08-09,if they miss the playoffs again you have to think some significant changes will need to be made, 2 guys I can see being on the block are Jeff Skinner. Skinner due to his UFA status after next season, and Faulk because Faulk's name has been out there off and on for a couple years and I think this might be the time Carolina finally pulls the trigger

I could be wrong in Faulk's case but I do believe he is a guy we could see move at the draft.

What do you think Carolina could get for Skinner and Faulk?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't know hat Tampa would do that, they already have Sergachev, Headman, Stralman and Mconagh in the top 4 they don't need Faulk

All those but Stralman are LD and Stralman is aging while in his last year. With Stamkos and Point having Johnson as a 3C is an expensive luxury, we can fill that spot internally for much less. Same with Miller on the wings. 5mil would be better used on a top 4 RD which is what we need.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
I don't see Skinner going anywhere. I think Faulk may be a possibility, tho. I'd be more likely to fire BP, than shed good core pieces at this point. This team is young and talented. I'd like to see what someone else could do with this team first.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I imagine most, if not all, suitors would offer up re-tool caliber pieces given Skinner’s contractual status and Faulk’s down season. I think the organization owes it to the fans and players to upgrade the talent level of the roster and/or bring in a new voice to the room (coaching change) before waiving the white flag on the playoffs for another couple of seasons.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Would they be able to acquire Faulk without giving up Marner/Nylander?

I would think there is enough in the prospect pool and up front in general to acquire Faulk without dealing Marner or Nylander, IF Faulk becomes available this summer

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't see Skinner going anywhere. I think Faulk may be a possibility, tho. I'd be more likely to fire BP, than shed good core pieces at this point. This team is young and talented. I'd like to see what someone else could do with this team first.

I mean if they miss the playoffs again it will be 9 years in a row I would think some significant changes have to be made

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I agree IF Skinner goes I see him as a deadline deal but I do think they will push to sign him first

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Came to see some terrible offers. Was not disappointed. Why again are the Canes trading top-4 or top-6 players for the Leafs scraps?

If the Canes are trading Faulk or Skinner it will be in a hockey deal for players similar or better than Faulk or Skinner. They aren’t trading roster players for B prospects and picks.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad