Player Discussion Justin Brazeau

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
They always get these injuries late in the year. He might not be a big impact player but he has had an influence lately on how they have played. It’s tough to push him out of the way. Crap!!!

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Where would you even stick him right now? Beecher's roster spot?

I see them struggling to bench Maroon or JVR right now.
Although I really like Maroon and what I feel that he's contributed, I can't believe that he can go on playing each and every game if/when the Bruins advance. I also like Lauko but Maroon (and Braz) bring it.
When Maroon needs a game or two off, I want another physical specimen on the team to make room, and play on the PP. Braz was rally good at it and he's scored a few goals too. I just want another physical option, especially if/when they meet the Panthers.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I thought he played well every game this series, I'm bullish on his future here, he has potential

Same, he made things happen, hustled, and just seems to be in the right place at the right time. Kid just looks ready to make a play every time he gets the puck. I've been very impressed by him and I think he's got a future on this team. I think he's got the potential to be a middle 6 guy as long as he keeps working hard.

MartyLapointe20

Dec 20, 2023
Liked this kids game from the regular season. Big guy - not slow…. He’s a sneaky good skater with soft hands around the net and he plays and seems confident. Thought he looked sluggish in the last 2 games coming back from injury but really liked his game tonight in a Game 7. Was 1 of the better Bruins forwards.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No way this kid is only 6’5”. Carlo’s 6’5”/6’6” and doesn’t look anywhere near as big as Brazeau does on the ice. Could explain a lot actually.
I could see them being the same height, they’re definitely in different weight classes though. He’s completely unmovable. He’s not anywhere near as good of skater/player but he reminds me of Byfuglien in that sense

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Very impressed with him last night

Gotta think Panthers challenge him

He’s got less fights then @Ladyfan last 10 years

In my lineup thread I just posted, I guessed that Monty would probably feel ok with Freddy/Brazeau on Tkachuk's line sometimes. No choice really.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Him and Pat are going to have fun vs Florida,

This is the series DS brought these two in for
I got Bruins winning

They will be underdogs but pressure off and Florida a punk team

Florida is really good - love their top 6 and D has come together

I’ll root for them if they play either Rangers or Canes but I still think they are punks

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I got Bruins winning

They will be underdogs but pressure off and Florida a punk team

Florida is really good - love their top 6 and D has come together

I’ll root for them if they play either Rangers or Canes but I still think they are punks
Tkachuk needs to be harassed from the opening face-off. Take a few early penalties if need be, set the tone.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Very impressed with him last night

Gotta think Panthers challenge him

He’s got less fights then @Ladyfan last 10 years
I don't think he is a brawler, but I was under the impression when he came up that he was a big slow body and not physical, he is none of that, I am not betting on him to beat many in a race , but he is a little quicker than I was led to believe, although I am sure we are not going to see him in many fights he uses his body effectively to win puck battles and what really impresses me is the way he goes to the goal , with those nice hands. That third line last night is how a team wins playoff games, Freddy really showed what he is capable last night and now maybe this season we have seen him mature into a valuable asset on this team.

Reactions: BMC and NDiesel

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think he is a brawler, but I was under the impression when he came up that he was a big slow body and not physical, he is none of that, I am not betting on him to beat many in a race , but he is a little quicker than I was led to believe, although I am sure we are not going to see him in many fights he uses his body effectively to win puck battles and what really impresses me is the way he goes to the goal , with those nice hands. That third line last night is how a team wins playoff games, Freddy really showed what he is capable last night and now maybe this season we have seen him mature into a valuable asset on this team.
I’m a Brazzeau fan but if I’m coaching Florida I am engaging him. He also had an injury and first period fell just past penalty box got up slow before making way across ice to B’s bench, where Chris Kelly met him and spent time hovering over- but he didn’t miss a shift

I’m kinda surprised how teams dislike Freddy. He doesn’t appear to be an ahole on the ice - he looks like a choir boy. I don’t think he can even shave but every game he’s getting yapped at and often he just is looking at them like ‘huh, what?’ Which I enjoy

Glad he’s playing well

Also Geekie underrated physically- he ruined Morgan Reilly later in the game. It’s like his back or something because he didn’t look good getting back to bench and trainer met him - didn’t look all that good next shift either

Reactions: NDiesel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad