Speculation: Juraj Slafkovsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If we acquire another top 10 pick and Nemec is on the board, you absolutely have to draft him.

RD PP QB in the making

Nemec will be at top 4, if not... that will be a big surprise. If Habs acquire another top 10, i don't think that's going in top 5 (we never know), so... it's between Gauthier, Lekkerimaki, Savoie, Nazar and Kemell for Habs at 6-10 range.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If we acquire another top 10 pick and Nemec is on the board, you absolutely have to draft him.

RD PP QB in the making
Seattle head scout has apparently been following him non stop for the last 10-months - Nemec won’t make it past 4OA

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Seattle head scout has apparently been following him non stop for the last 10-months - Nemec won’t make it past 4OA

...honestly, I could see Jersey deciding Nemec is a "safer" play than Slafkovsky and take him @ #2 OA...and if we (stupidly, imo) take Slaf @ #1, it makes it even easier for Jersey...

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
BPA.

You trade in the future, and I'm sorry to say, but none of our LDs have the skills and offensive pedigree of Mintyukov and Korchinsky.

Should draft them if we have the chance because our D sorely lacks offensive accumen.

Agree with your statement about BPA... but at 6-10 range, I don't think that Korchinski or Mintyukov will be the BPA at this point of this draft. Nazar, Savoie, Lekkerimaki and Kemell, more likely.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Agree with your statement about BPA... but at 6-10 range, I don't think that Korchinski or Mintyukov will be the BPA at this point of this draft. Nazar, Savoie, Lekkerimaki and Kemell, more likely.

That's why if Habs got a pick between 6-10... I'd rather to go with a forward.

Reactions: HabsForHire

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Many lists have both LDs in the 6-12 range.

Maybe Mintyukov and Korchinski are going to be very good defenseman at NHL level, but the only D's I see top 5-10 right now it's Nemec and Jiricek. Both RD and they will NOT be there at 6-8 (if one of both are available and Habs got a top 6-8, let's do it). But I truly doubt that Seattle and PHI will pass on both.

Mintyukov and Korchinski are more in 11-18 range, to me.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Maybe Mintyukov and Korchinski are going to be very good defenseman at NHL level, but the only D's I see top 5-10 right now it's Nemec and Jiricek. Both RD and they will NOT be there at 6-8 (if one of both are available and Habs got a top 6-8, let's do it). But I truly doubt that Seattle and PHI will pass on both.

Mintyukov and Korchinski are more in 11-18 range, to me.

Well, not to me. And not to many lists.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Mintyukov and Korchinski are definitely fine if you are picking late in the top 10.

Even if I have Kemell rated higher, I'd take one of those two D men over him if I had taken Wright/Cooley at 1.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
What's your point? We're talking at max a 5 spot difference.

It's like pretending your list is 100% accurate and a few spots difference is laughable.

Grow-up Nate

There are also a couple dmen who I think are really underrated by the lists based on a number of factors. The forwards seem to be mostly priced accurately by the market this year.

Only undervalued forwards I've found so far are Firkus (because of his build and good, but not great skating), and the Russians, because...well...

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
I bet in 5 years we will wonder why Slaf was even in the discussion for the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad