Junior Inter Squad Game - Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle*

Belly (I'm not going to call you Beliveau as that would be a disservice to a great man) why pray tell did you go now and repost the whole writeups not once, but twice, and then not even acknowledge that you screwed up? We had to scroll through that whole freekin' article again only to read your same response. The least you could have done was delete the rest of the text and leave Latendresse and Price in. I see by your 39 posts that you're a newbie - I'm hoping you work bit on your online etiquette, not that I disagreed with your response once you got around to quoting the right person. The poster in question obviously has a distaste for Hab prospects, it's not just a "coincidence" as Lalaprise apparently contends.

Jean Beliveau

Jul 5, 2004
orcatown said:
Belliveau - tried my best to be honest and unbaised. Admit it is just one person's assessment. I thought I was pretty compilmentary toward Montreal prospects so don't really understand why you are so upset.

The reply was not meant for you.

My humble apologies.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Vinland said:
I am not going to waste anymore time argueing with the likes of you.

Funny I was thinking the same thing :sarcasm:

I wont even respond to your stupidity, you werent even at the camp.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Eb0la11 said:
Steve Downie- I now have more hate for the Flyers. This kid is a fricken *** and I would not be surprised if he left camp injured. He constantly head hunts and takes shots at guys. Always hooking, trash talking, hitting, spearing, slashing. Just a dirty player in my book. Though I hate to admit he is a bit of a Sutter player. I just hate him though, he might get his clock cleaned before this camp is out. Super dirty, I cant get that point across enough. There was one play off the draw he was lined up against Bertram and imediately after the puck is dropped he slashes bertram who retaliates with a slash of his stick. (Downie slashed bertrams glove) As the play develops Downie is in his own end circling the net after his fellow dman gets caught up, Bertram takes about three strides from the other side of the net and just floors Downie, everyone loved it. He nailed him, a silimar hit to the Bourret on Staal in the top prospects game. So Downie takes it and slashes more that shift, then the next face off hes lined up against bertram again and just as the pucks dropped downie swings his stick at bertrams head and stops probably 3-4 inches from his face, pretty disgusting that hed actually just fake that. I wouldnt be surprised if he does it for real someday when he gets really rattled. After he got smoked the whole team white bench was like "You like that downie you little ***?" and crap, so everyone hates him. He will get injured before he amounts to anything unless he changes his style cause everyone wants to injure him.

And that is why he was taken so early in the draft. He's a TOP quality pest who also happens to be more then adequate offensively. I think he's a better offensive player then Steve Ott was at the same age, but other then that I think they might be nearly identical players. He's not out there to make friends.

I'd draft him any day of the week and I hope to in my next FHL entry draft. The Flyers believe he can become a Rick Tocchet type of player in the NHL and I think that's fairly accurate.

That being said, I'm not sure he's the type of player we want playing in the World Juniors. It could either end up working out very well or horribly. If he doesn't get frustrated with the way the refs at the WJC call the game and he plays his role of pest without costing the team penalties, then he'd be an awesome addition.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Im pulling for JEP to make this team.
I havent had the opporutinity to watch him at camp-what do you guys who have seen him up against the other guys think of his chances?

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Stiffler's Mom said:
Brule is doing very well considering this is an EVALUATION camp, not a regular game. His hockey season doesn't start until late September or early October so he is not ready to be all out. It's August. I wouldn't put a lot of weight in what you think you see in his "ordinary skating" in this group. Brule is a superior skater. I think he will be using that speed to make the Columbus Bluejackets. We will know in 2 months.

Is this some kind of sick joke?

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Brule knows he will be on this team no matter what (unless he's in Ohio). And he's still recovering from injuries I do believe.
Do you ever get tired of making excuses for the kid? He has a spot on the team sewn up.. just like he had that #2 draft spot sewn up. :help:

By the way, when will Brule grow 4 inchs and add 35 pounds to become anything close to Bill Guerin?

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
MrMastodonFarm said:
Do you ever get tired of making excuses for the kid? He has a spot on the team sewn up.. just like he had that #2 draft spot sewn up. :help:

By the way, when will Brule grow 4 inchs and add 35 pounds to become anything close to Bill Guerin?

I think its clear his spot on the team is sewn up. Thats Jack Skille in my avatar, not Brule genius.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Brock said:
And that is why he was taken so early in the draft. He's a TOP quality pest who also happens to be more then adequate offensively. I think he's a better offensive player then Steve Ott was at the same age, but other then that I think they might be nearly identical players. He's not out there to make friends.

I'd draft him any day of the week and I hope to in my next FHL entry draft. The Flyers believe he can become a Rick Tocchet type of player in the NHL and I think that's fairly accurate.

That being said, I'm not sure he's the type of player we want playing in the World Juniors. It could either end up working out very well or horribly. If he doesn't get frustrated with the way the refs at the WJC call the game and he plays his role of pest without costing the team penalties, then he'd be an awesome addition.
I think I may use the 1st overall pick to get him and use him as trade bait with you ;)

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Brock said:

Brock, could you evaluate his offensive upside? Do you think he's capable of playing on a 2nd line in the NHL or is he more suited as a 3rd liner with some scoring ability? I feel like he could make a great fit on a line with Mike Richards in the future.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
MrMastodonFarm said:
How is that clear to anyone but you?
Team Canada rep was on MOJO last week, saying they look for Brule to center one of the top 2 lines. He will be on this team. I am no Brule homer like m_b, but he clearly will be on this team.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
jtuzzi said:
Team Canada rep was on MOJO last week, saying they look for Brule to center one of the top 2 lines. He will be on this team. I am no Brule homer like m_b, but he clearly will be on this team.

Thats not enough reason to loaf around. If Sutter really wants to stick it to them, and go with great work ethic guys, he'd show Barker and Brule whats up by cutting them.

Balej's Dance said:
Thats not enough reason to loaf around. If Sutter really wants to stick it to them, and go with great work ethic guys, he'd show Barker and Brule whats up by cutting them.

Yes, this team would work very hard then but also lose very hard.

Besides, most of the posters have said that Barker looked like one of the better defenceman despite coasting a bit.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
jtuzzi said:
I think he will be on this team as well, but to say he has a spot sewn up is foolish. Alot can happen from now till December, I don't care who the player is and how good he is. No one has a spot sewn up.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
MrMastodonFarm said:
I think he will be on this team as well, but to say he has a spot sewn up is foolish. Alot can happen from now till December, I don't care who the player is and how good he is. No one has a spot sewn up.
Yea, its foolish to say his spot is sewn up. Sutter doesn't strike me as the type of coach that develops favorites or would pick someone without giving everyone else a fair chance.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
jtuzzi said:
Yea, its foolish to say his spot is sewn up. Sutter doesn't strike me as the type of coach that develops favorites or would pick someone without giving everyone else a fair chance.
I really don't agree with this statement as Sutter clearly has favorites, not saying Brule is one of them. But how do you explain Ladd and fraser being on the team last year. They didn't do anything in the regular season or camp to justify being on th eteam but they were picked non the less. Also it seems that Brule only played bad in the third game but had an impressive first 2 games, so it's not like he stunk up the camp like many people are saying. I also think be the way he was described, he played the way Sutter probably wanted him to play in camp, a sound all around game not all out offense.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
jtuzzi said:

I think its pretty clear Sutter does in fact have favorites: guys that while not the most talented, give 150% effort every shift. IMO, he'd be inclined to take that type of player over one who is vastly more talented yet relatively indifferant.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
I guess I worded it wrong. I meant Sutter would not pick guys who perform badly, just because he likes them. Guys like Ladd, etc. had down years in the CHL but worked hard in camp and made the team. Brule seemed to be off his game on Monday.

KRF

Apr 1, 2005
Rocketland
i don't think sutter had picked anyone at the beginning, because some can't take their games to the next level yet. he did say on tsn that some guys did take it to a higher level and some didn't, looks like brule didn't. no way is brule a lock for this team.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Gags1288 said:
Brock, could you evaluate his offensive upside? Do you think he's capable of playing on a 2nd line in the NHL or is he more suited as a 3rd liner with some scoring ability? I feel like he could make a great fit on a line with Mike Richards in the future.

I think he definitely has second line upside. He's not a speedster, but he's not slow either. The fact that he works so hard on the ice might create an illusion of him being a little bit faster then he is. He's actually a very good stickhandler and playmaker. He's probably about an average finisher I'd say, but he gets a ton of chances with how hard he crashes the net and because of how ellusive he is on the ice.

I think he definitely has a shot at becoming a 20-30 player at the NHL level.

Canucks-R-best

Jan 12, 2003
Visit site
what bourdon was awsome???

I thought because the nucks didnt take anze kopitar that meant bourdon sucked.....j/k but it seems some fans think that way...can anyone tell me more about this kid at the camp it would be greatly appreciated

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
I'd just like to clear things up....players like Barker,Bourdon,Brule,Latendresse, did not tire in the third, they barely played as they have already made the team and the staff needed more looks at the other players so these guys didn't get the ice time they would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad