Confirmed with Link: July 1st - Free Agent Extravaganza Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
So basically:

3rd line center will be either JT Miller, Derek Roy, or Mike Ribeiro
2nd line LW will be either Booth or Penner...

Hopefully nobody goes near Heatly

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
So basically:

3rd line center will be either JT Miller, Derek Roy, or Mike Ribeiro
2nd line LW will be either Booth or Penner...

Hopefully nobody goes near Heatly

No way they sign Riberio. He's a drug addicted, drunken mess. Huge off ice issues.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
No way they sign Riberio. He's a drug addicted, drunken mess. Huge off ice issues.

not like Sather wouldn't take a chance... and quite frankly, I don't see why not. Given the guys issues, give him a $1M contract to prove he's worth it.

I wouldn't be opposed. I never heard of these issues when he played for the Caps, so I'm not sure if it's just something in the Glendale water, lol

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
More likely we resign our guys and play the kids

I don't think there are any kids that can make an impact other than Miller. Perhaps Lindberg on the 4th line, but that cap hit is going to be the same as carcillo.. best off just running Carcillo this year and letting Lindberg get a hold of that 4C spot when he has the chance.

Though I guess I wouldn't be opposed to him playing on the wing and feeding off of Dom Moore.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Brining in Ribeiro to NYC, on a team that will have a handful of rookies and whose lockerroom lost some leadership? Yea can't say I would get on board with that risk.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
not like Sather wouldn't take a chance... and quite frankly, I don't see why not. Given the guys issues, give him a $1M contract to prove he's worth it.

I wouldn't be opposed. I never heard of these issues when he played for the Caps, so I'm not sure if it's just something in the Glendale water, lol

Because this isn't a basement team desperately trying anything. Because the team made it far least year and already lost some big character guys. Because having someone who isn't focused on the team, or who has a bad attitude, or any other problems, in the locker room when it's 100% avoidable is a bad idea.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Brining in Ribeiro to NYC, on a team that will have a handful of rookies and whose lockerroom lost some leadership? Yea can't say I would get on board with that risk.

I'm surprised at how many people are on board with bringing him in even though they are aware he has off-ice issues that were so severe it resulted in him being bought out.

And it's not like these issues are behind him - he is currently seeking help for his "behavioral issues." At the very least you see if he is capable of overcoming his problems first before giving him a contract. You don't want to be stuck with him if his behavioral issues are unable to be resolved.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Players with arbitration rights have leverage. A 3rd party can hear the case which always results in a win for the player.

Players file for arbitration by July 5. No offer sheet when they file.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Players with arbitration rights have leverage. A 3rd party can hear the case which always results in a win for the player.

Players file for arbitration by July 5. No offer sheet when they file.

I swear I remember reading that they changed that rule a little while ago. Or am I mistaken?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Kevin Hayes. First round pick from 2010. Hayes can become a free agent on August 15. He is concerned about the lack of roster spots open on Chicago. The Rangers should make Hayes an offer. Center/wing.
Gorton talked about looking for another forward. The Rangers don't have that much money to spend.

How long before the nitwit chimes in with Hayes isn't a good player?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Kevin Hayes. First round pick from 2010. Hayes can become a free agent on August 15. He is concerned about the lack of roster spots open on Chicago. The Rangers should make Hayes an offer. Center/wing.
Gorton talked about looking for another forward. The Rangers don't have that much money to spend.

How long before the nitwit chimes in with Hayes isn't a good player?

I'd like that a lot.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I swear I remember reading that they changed that rule a little while ago. Or am I mistaken?

If a team takes a player to salary arbitration like Ryan O'Reilly,he can sign an offer sheet from July 1-July 5. The first club elected arbitration deadline is 48 hours after the Cup final or June 15. On July 6,that's the final club elected arbitration date. In the previous CBA,O'Reilly wouldn't have eligible to sign an offer sheet before the 6th. That was the change.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Have we discussed this Finnish guy Kontiola that just got out of his KHL contract to seek NHL employment? Sounds like a guy who can slot in to a puck possession middle-6 center role pretty seamlessly. Ease Miller in to full-time duty on the wing and let this guy handle the pivot?

Zuccarello Awesome*

This may just be me, but I have never been all that impressed with JT Miller's game, and I personally think Oscar Lindberg has just as good of a chance of making the team out of camp as the 3rd line center.

I think a line of Hagelin-Lindberg-Haggerty/Kristo would fit really well together.

IMO Lindberg's overall ceiling is actually higher than Miller's. He's certainly a better defensive player than JT at this point, and watching Lindberg, I really see the potential to break out offensively with the right linemates and in the right situation.

Any reason I'm missing why Lindberg hasn't been discussed nearly as much as Miller for the 3C spot?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
This may just be me, but I have never been all that impressed with JT Miller's game, and I personally think Oscar Lindberg has just as good of a chance of making the team out of camp as the 3rd line center.

I think a line of Hagelin-Lindberg-Haggerty/Kristo would fit really well together.

IMO Lindberg's overall ceiling is actually higher than Miller's. He's certainly a better defensive player than JT at this point, and watching Lindberg, I really see the potential to break out offensively with the right linemates and in the right situation.

Any reason I'm missing why Lindberg hasn't been discussed nearly as much as Miller for the 3C spot?

Because both players were available multiple times last year and the team chose Miller every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad