Speculation: Julien's fate

Julien getting fired

• Total voters

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If they hire Hartley, I'm done as a fan. Another power tripping loser who overplays his favorites. You'll see nothing but Cousins, Weal and Byron

He has won everywhere he has coached. Key word here is...won. Is he still able to do it with today's hockey. Still doing a fine job in the KHL. I know I would have done Hartley before I would have went back with Julien.

If you change coach today, it's Ducharme or Bouchard. If not, it's Hartley.

Or....a better choice....Benoit Groulx.

Reactions: dinodebino

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He has won everywhere he has coached. Key word here is...won. Is he still able to do it with today's hockey. Still doing a fine job in the KHL. I know I would have done Hartley before I would have went back with Julien.

This team has to stop going to the well of recycled coaches and bring in some new blood. Mike Keenan and Babcock won wherever they went too, but players these days hate those type of coaches, which is what hartley is. Old school coaches and the new generation of player rarely works out, at least not for long.

I don't care for Julien, but man there are so many issues on this team, coaching just scratches the surface.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
This is part of the peril of refusing to declare and take a decisive path as an organization. 3 years ago, Therrien was fired, and, if we're being totally honest, not so much has improved in this lineup. Now Julien who is probably the most decorated ''qualified candidate'' is on the chopping block? Why?

Well, partly because we're supposed to be competing while rebuilding, having our cake and eating it too. **** it, fire him because he can't polish a resplendent shine on this turd and see if Bob ****ing Hartley or Guy Boucher or some other ''qualified candidate'' can turn water into wine while Bergevin rebuilds while definitely not rebuilding. And in another 3 years, if that doesn't work, fire that guy and hire whichever other jabroni from RDS.

It makes you wonder just how many coaches Bergevin gets to go through before he's finally on the chopping block.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
On 690's noon show, they reported that Julien used what happened for St. Louis last year as an example on how the Habs can bounce back. How could he say that with a straight face?

Reactions: Edgy and habsfan891

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
On 690's noon show, they reported that Julien used what happened for St. Louis last year as an example on how the Habs can bounce back. How could he say that with a straight face?

St Louis was supposed to be a contender at the start of the season. The fact that they did so poorly in the first half was a bigger surprise than the rebound.

Reactions: angusyoung

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Yeah, the meeting apparently never happened. It's being reported that Hartley was in China at the time.

Everyone will be a detective at this time. Hey, look at Bergevin, he was seen talking to Tretiak!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chili

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

There is a reason why he's coaching in Europe. He's washed up

Reactions: VAN-HAB

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I understand what CJ was trying to say. Trying to say that it's not over yet and that they can turn it around.

But as the crew on 690 said after he said that, the Habs have nowhere near the kind of line-up the Blues had. Despite being dead last on January 3rd, the Blues still had Schenn, O'Reilly, Parayko, Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, Schwartz, Dunn, Bowmeister, Perron. They had the roster who could turn it around and go deep into the playoffs.

The Habs don't have those kinds of players. They do have good players. But all together, they don't have what the Blues have.

The only player I could say Habs can compete with is in goal. Binnington had a magical run and is a very good goalie. But having Price is pretty much what the Habs have that can help them turn it around.

Reactions: Habset

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I understand what CJ was trying to say. Trying to say that it's not over yet and that they can turn it around.

But as the crew on 690 said after he said that, the Habs have nowhere near the kind of line-up the Blues had. Despite being dead last on January 3rd, the Blues still had Schenn, O'Reilly, Parayko, Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, Schwartz, Dunn, Bowmeister, Perron. They had the roster who could turn it around and go deep into the playoffs.

The Habs don't have those kinds of players. They do have good players. But all together, they don't have what the Blues have.

The only player I could say Habs can compete with is in goal. Binnington had a magical run and is a very good goalie. But having Price is pretty much what the Habs have that can help them turn it around.

Yeah, the 690 crew, esp. John Still, blew that Julien quote into smithereens and rightly so. Pathetic clutching at straws.

It's OK to try to be positive (what else is he doing to do) and to say they'll do everything they can to turn it around. Just don't compare the Habs to a team they can't stand up to talent-wise and in terms of how the team is built for the playoffs.

Reactions: Braun

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
St Louis winning the cup is the worst thing that could ever happen to mediocre organizations around the sport.

I knew that the copycat syndrome would come into effect as soon as someone was desperate enough to invoke it. It was a one-off not a blueprint about how to fail as far into the season as possible so you can bounce back. It's not repeatable, it's the exception that confirms that no one should count on that happening and working again.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Yeah, the meeting apparently never happened. It's being reported that Hartley was in China at the time.

Everyone will be a detective at this time. Hey, look at Bergevin, he was seen talking to Tretiak!

A PR rep from the Habs said this was untrue.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Yeah, the 690 crew, esp. John Still, blew that Julien quote into smithereens and rightly so. Pathetic clutching at straws.

It's OK to try to be positive (what else is he doing to do) and to say they'll do everything they can to turn it around. Just don't compare the Habs to a team they can't stand up to talent-wise and in terms of how the team is built for the playoffs.
Like you said, what else is he going to say.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It makes you wonder just how many coaches Bergevin gets to go through before he's finally on the chopping block.

It's like ''why replace Julien''? There's no direction so we're in a situation where either the goal is just to ''make the playoffs and anything can happen'' which is a f***ing loser's mentality of which we are ample proof, or every year we don't win the cup it's a failure, which is totally unsustainable and will lead to us canning coach after coach, hiring whatever antichambre flotsam happens to be available. This is all because the brass ''doesn't believe in windows.'' Well, what, if anything, besides profit, do you believe in?

It's just all so tiresome.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Guessing like this:
upload_2019-12-2_15-20-48.jpeg

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Nothing will happen. Coach is there to stay right now. GM is away in Russia. Why in hell would he fire the coach when he's in Putin's (not Poutine) land.

I'm guessing, just a wild guess, he's there to compare pipes with Vlad. Just a wild guess.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
If they hire Hartley, I'm done as a fan. Another power tripping loser who overplays his favorites. You'll see nothing but Cousins, Weal and Byron
If we fire Julien to replace him with Bob Hartley, I'm jumping on the fire MB bandwagon really damn fast. My god.

Reactions: Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad