Speculation: Julien's fate

Julien getting fired

• Total voters

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
We have now lost 6 in a row. 1 more and we tie our 2nd longest losing streak in the history of the organization, which coincidentally has happened under the watchful gaze of Bergevin and Julien in 2017 starting the season with a 1-6-1 record.

Julien managed to come out unscathed after that losing streak and continue to coach, will he be able to pull it off again and continue to coach for the remainder of the season or will Bergevin throw a 3rd coach in his 8 years tenure under the bus to save his job for a couple of more seasons?

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
When Bergevin is fired , Julien will follow. Their fate are connected

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
I can't see a scenario where Julien is fired and Bergevin is kept on.

Actually now that I'm writing it out it seems even more likely somehow.

Reactions: Edgy

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
He wont be fired. It's not like the team is under performing. We shouldn't even be this high.

Wait, what? I mean, I totally agree that currently the team is in the standings exactly where I thought they would be at this point when the season started. Juuuust out of the playoffs.

But to say the team isn't underperforming currently is just wrong. They certainly overperformed early on and shouldn't have been that high, but neither should they be losing twice to NJ and getting humiliated by NY and Boston like they were.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Wait, what? I mean, I totally agree that currently the team is in the standings exactly where I thought they would be at this point when the season started. Juuuust out of the playoffs.

But to say the team isn't underperforming currently is just wrong. They certainly overperformed early on and shouldn't have been that high, but neither should they be losing twice to NJ and getting humiliated by NY and Boston like they were.

You will go through ups and downs every season man..It's normal. If every team fired coaches becomes of cold streaks almost every team would fire their coach annually.

Right now, ya, they're going through pathetic losses, but that should stop. If we keep losing as we have, then ya he'll probably get terminated. I expect the team to get out of it though, continue with ups and downs, to finish just out of the POs.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
What a stupid thread lol. Julien is one of the best coaches in the league. He and the team arent boring...we score plenty. Our problem is defensive. He didnt have a problem coaching the Bruins to a Cup. Or the Devils to a succesful season.

People need to stop blaming coaches...its the players that need to execute. THIS defense and team arent good enough.

Save for Weber and Chariot, the defense needs to be rehauled.Petry is ok but the other 3 arent NHL caliber. Yes, that includes Mete. Bottom 3 D are AHL caliber.

Sure you can add a T. Hall. That wont stop our losing. We need to prevent goals , not score more.

This fan base just wants to swap coaches. Time to look at the guys who actually play.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Am I the only one to actually like Julien ?

No. I think he's a very good coach. Like any coach, there is a list of things I don't like, but he gets them working and has their respect. He just has to figure out the special teams and how to get out of these spirals that happen twice a season. But we could do much, much worse. So careful what you wish for.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Just as the level of winning was unsustainable I also think the level of losing is also. they are bouncing between over and under performing and I assume that will change soon too. I wouldn't mind another record under Marcs tenure but that's just wishful thinking.

That being said they keep losing he may fire CJ anyways. CJ is not a good coach but our team is terrible.
Its tough to say.

George Lebay

Feb 17, 2012
Laval
No. I think he's a very good coach. Like any coach, there is a list of things I don't like, but he gets them working and has their respect. He just has to figure out the special teams and how to get out of these spirals that happen twice a season. But we could do much, much worse. So careful what you wish for.

If he'd get fired, he would find a NHL head coach job faster than most actual NHL coaches, including former coach Mike Babcock.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I don’t think he’ll get fired. If he does, that would place MB on the proverbial hot seat. This team is a disaster in the defensive end. Can CJ do a better job coaching them? I have no clue. Guys like Kulak should be nowhere near a top 6 on D but it’s what Clod has to work with.

Reactions: Paddyjack and Edgy

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
Horrible coach and should be canned. Why keep him if nothing is working. Bergevin should be fired too. This organization is putrid and rotten and the dinosaur is not any better

Reactions: Habano and Edgy

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Judging by how long it took Bergevin to fire Therrien and Lefebvre, I have no doubt that Julien is no where near any danger of being fired.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
What a stupid thread lol. Julien is one of the best coaches in the league.
Your lack of reading comprehension is the issue here, not the thread. There's actually no criticism to Julien here (not that he doesn't deserve any) and specifies if he gets fired it's because Bergevin is trying to save his job.

He and the team arent boring...we score plenty. Our problem is defensive. He didnt have a problem coaching the Bruins to a Cup. Or the Devils to a succesful season.

People need to stop blaming coaches...its the players that need to execute. THIS defense and team arent good enough.

Save for Weber and Chariot, the defense needs to be rehauled.Petry is ok but the other 3 arent NHL caliber. Yes, that includes Mete. Bottom 3 D are AHL caliber.

Sure you can add a T. Hall. That wont stop our losing. We need to prevent goals , not score more.

This fan base just wants to swap coaches. Time to look at the guys who actually play.
We all know part of the problem is the defense, we've known for years. This poll is specifically about whether Julien gets the axe or not. The Leafs just fired Babcock after a 5 game skid, so it is not far fetched to assume Montreal might do the same for obvious reasons.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
You will go through ups and downs every season man..It's normal. If every team fired coaches becomes of cold streaks almost every team would fire their coach annually.

Right now, ya, they're going through pathetic losses, but that should stop. If we keep losing as we have, then ya he'll probably get terminated. I expect the team to get out of it though, continue with ups and downs, to finish just out of the POs.
6 games losing streak isn't normal, especially when it happens this often. We're having our post-Christmas holiday meltdown a tad early and 1 more will tie us for the longest losing streak in our history for the 2nd time in 2 years. Something has to give, teams lose players all the time, they never become this bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad