OT: Jukebox: Your Taste In Music

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Tess check this band out. Random band Youtube suggested after watching an AAL video.

Instrumental version.

With vocals. Screaming and singing but I prefer the instrumental. Vocals are good though.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Any 90's dance music listeners here? In case there are, you're sure to enjoy this performance. I personally felt the goosebumps pretty much through the whole 1,5 hour set while crying tears of joy :D But that's just me. Enjoy!

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Tess check this band out. Random band Youtube suggested after watching an AAL video.

Instrumental version.

With vocals. Screaming and singing but I prefer the instrumental. Vocals are good though.

I like me some Shokran!!

This came out a few days ago.

Definitely pumped. But I'm concerned about the vocals. I'm not a big fan of the distortion effect being used to such an extent. Instrumentals are spot on though which is to be expected.

New Cattle Decapitation out in a couple days. Reviews are damn near perfect so far. From the songs I've heard this album could be metal album of the year. Almost easily. Will be seeing them in NYC on the 12th...we'll see what injuries I walk away with. Though walking away may be an optimistic phrase to be using. :sarcasm:

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
not bad but pretty tame tbh

no disrespect to death metal

but i am more of a fan of traditional black metal

though i will admit as far as death metal goes, behemoth is amazing though that is more blackened death metal

will also give a shout out to arch enemy

I think you're the only person ever to describe Cattle Decap as 'tame'. :laugh:

I'm not really into Black Metal. The vocals just aren't up my alley. Though I do enjoy some of the symphonic songs Dimmu Borgir has. The only Black Metal band I really really enjoy are these guys from Germany:

Something you might be in to.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Metal Hammer 9/10 “start to finish, Polaris is affecting, captivating and bloody gorgeousâ€
Prog Magazine “‘Bold and brilliant. This might be their best album to date’
Rock Sound 8/10 – ‘Electrifying progressive music’
Classic Rock - ‘Polaris is pure confidence converted into sound’
Revolver "Polaris is, at last, the platonic ideal of a TesseracT album, the one where they get everything just right. It’s drama-bringing, supremely melodic and riff-heavyâ€
AU Review 9.8/10 - "Polaris is, in my opinion, a Kubrick-level moment for this band. This is their 2001, their Octavarium, 1984, or piano-key neck-tie."
Rock Hard DE - "Basically "Polaris" is a great record full of Opeth-, Katatonia-, Cynic and even Faith No More moments
Metal Hammer DE –“ Polaris s absolute world classâ€

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Posted to a Facebook ProgMetal discussion group...by a girl. So it must be true??? :popcorn:

12096639_528210780680757_4812686209580202211_n.jpg

:cry:

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
80's are making a come-back ... this "video" reminds me of Moonbeam city.

My latest indie rock fetish.

Alex Greenwald from Phantom Planet
Jason Boesel from Rilo Kiley
And the girl lead singer sounds a lot like Jenny Lewis from Rilo Kiley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad