Player Discussion Jujhar Khaira

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Looked great in preseason but then had a pretty slow start to the season. But now he's beastin. In all honestly, I'd rather have this 'JJ' on my team than Calgary's JJ :)

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Way better offensively than I ever thought he’d be at this level. Playing with confidence right now.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I had him pegged as a solid #13F coming into the season and he looks like he might be ready to take that step to becoming a permanent roster player.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Been very good lately. Nice to have a 4th line that actually looks dangerous in the offensive zone.
Yup. I was hard on Letestu for a while because he was looking useless out there, but between Kass and Khaira he's looking much better. He's a slower, but smart player so having 2 big wingers who can skate is huge for him.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I've been high on him for some time, and was very thankful he wasn't selected in the expansion draft. Still has a lot to prove, but I do see an NHL future for him.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Jujhair has been the unsung forward of this team the last half dozen games. He has gotten Kassian and letestu going.

Why is walker going to start third line ahead of him?

How about rewarding players actually contributing instead of gifting certain untested players that haven't earned anything (walker) a free pass.

This is on McLellan. Probably very demoralizing to jujhair stuck on the 4th line no matter what he does.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Jujhair has been the unsung forward of this team the last half dozen games. He has gotten Kassian and letestu going.

Why is walker going to start third line ahead of him?

How about rewarding players actually contributing instead of gifting certain untested players that haven't earned anything (walker) a free pass.

This is on McLellan. Probably very demoralizing to jujhair stuck on the 4th line no matter what he does.

That line is going, we need to keep it going. If/when Maroon is moved, I could see Jujhar on the 2nd line.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Looked great with Draisaitl today. Works well for both players as kharia seems to be a much better line mate for leon as well.

Glad to see kharia well deserved moving up the lineup.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Looked great with Draisaitl today. Works well for both players as kharia seems to be a much better line mate for leon as well.

Glad to see kharia well deserved moving up the lineup.

He looked great tonight. Hes been beasting lately. That being said, I dont think Draitsaitl had much to do with it. Khaira has been carrying lines by himself lately, which is impressive and unexpected to say the least.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Jujhar Hockey is definitely back. Hope he can keep it up! I really like that goal he got from the bad angle into the open net. We've seen so many guys mess up those situations this year but he looked cool as a cucumber.

Reactions: snipes

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Dish me out some crow never thought I’d see him produce like this in the nhl.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Kharia is set up to be a bottom 6 nhl winger for a good long while. Been playing great and hope he continues to improve. A player/prospect I've always had time for.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think we've got ourselves our Maroon replacement.

Agreed, I've been saying that for awhile. Lucic is playing well with Connor so Lucic-McDavid-Puljujarvi could be our top line for a number of years.

I'd sooner give Jujhar the Maroon contract if he has a strong year this year and next.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Jujhar Hockey is definitely back. Hope he can keep it up! I really like that goal he got from the bad angle into the open net. We've seen so many guys mess up those situations this year but he looked cool as a cucumber.

I was even more impressed by his first two steps to get to the carom off the back boards. He was looking explosive as hell.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I was relieved that he wasn't taken in the expansion draft. I even mentioned at the time of the Davidson trade that the worst part of that trade was that they dealt the guy who would have likely been taken by Vegas and now exposed Khaira. Lucky for us

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I feel like he looks like he has more jump to his step, and is actually skating well as of late, looked sluggish to start the year IMO.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I feel like he looks like he has more jump to his step, and is actually skating well as of late, looked sluggish to start the year IMO.
Looked fast in preseason, but yeah those first 5 or 6 games to start the season he looked slow.

He's playing awesome right now. He's fast and relentless on the forecheck causing turnovers. He's an absolute monster on the cycle, much like Maroon was last year, but with better speed. He's been showing some great vision as well. Very impressed with him. I saw him as a good 4th liner going forward, but he's looking like he could be a great 3rd liner who can spot duty in the top 6 as needed.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Looked fast in preseason, but yeah those first 5 or 6 games to start the season he looked slow.

He's playing awesome right now. He's fast and relentless on the forecheck causing turnovers. He's an absolute monster on the cycle, much like Maroon was last year, but with better speed. He's been showing some great vision as well. Very impressed with him. I saw him as a good 4th liner going forward, but he's looking like he could be a great 3rd liner who can spot duty in the top 6 as needed.
If we keeps playing like he has been, he could be a good middle 6 option, has enough skill to not look out of place in the top 6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad