Player Discussion Jujhar Khaira

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He seems to have decent skill and vision, both of those goals he set up were nice. I think he got a bit of message from the coaching staff earlier in the year when he just sat and seems to have responded.

Firewagon13

Dec 1, 2017
Definitely agreed.....wasn’t impressed earlier in the season but he has really shown well. If he can stay healthy I think he has a lot more to give. Might be early, but who knows maybe he can replace maroon if he maintains the offence

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
61% CF. He's killing it out there this year and a much better skater.

Naturally, that idiot Chiarelli has him on the trading block as per Friedman.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He's been good, but he's also been hurt everytime he starts to string some good games together.

Key now is to stay healthy for the kid

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Been a fan of him for a long, long time.

Kept talking about how year after year he was improving.

His ppg in the AHL went from .2 his first year, to .55 in his second, and finally to .75 in his third year.

Seems like he's seeing the same improvement this year in the best league in the world.

Chia isn't moving him.

Reactions: Aerrol

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
61% CF. He's killing it out there this year and a much better skater.

Naturally, that idiot Chiarelli has him on the trading block as per Friedman.
Friedman is an idiot, not Chiarelli tier but an idiot nonetheless. Jujhair is exactly the kind of contract they need with 97 and 29 locked up long term.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Been a fan of him for a long, long time.

Kept talking about how year after year he was improving.

His ppg in the AHL went from .2 his first year, to .55 in his second, and finally to .75 in his third year.

Seems like he's seeing the same improvement this year in the best league in the world.

Chia isn't moving him.
I'm with you going way back to his early days in junior, even though his point totals weren't great he was playing the game the right way and you could tell that he had a decent shot at sticking around in the NHL and the fact that he was committed to improving himself was noticeable.

Not sure about him continuing to improve a ton in the NHL, this is where players like him tend to start touching their ceilings and I don't agree that Chia won't trade him, Chia is a desperate man and has never been particularly frugal with futures.

Though I feel a bit of gratification in a player that I touted being better then many higher pedigree prospects with more hype is playing his way into steady NHL employment, Khaira has an outside shot at becoming someone like an Andrew Shaw, but I'm thinking he's more likely just going to be a really solid 4th liner.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don't like the inconsistency. I kind of question the NHL conditioning of this player as well. Basically had a mixed TC, exhibition season, seemed to need several games to get up to speed and do what the team actually wanted him to do and has played about 6 games this season at the kind of work rate the club wants him to. While being scratched the other half of games. But given that I've never seen him play very many good games in a row I question how much he will be playing like he has been this week.

With Pak gone and all the offseason exodus Chia really wants players like this to succeed. But what really is the ceiling with this player?

That said I don't know nearly as much about the player than the gentlemen posting in the thread. If he turns out to be a solid all round player that can play hard and honest minutes then I'm down with that. Just need to see more of it.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I noticed his offensive instincts back when he when played with Eberle and Hall (pre-season or early season?). He would hit them both with some beauty passes in stride in the neutral zone or deep in the neutral zone after being the first one in on the forecheck. If he can improve his shot a bit, I think he can develop into a great player who can play wing and centre responsibly.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think that he'll be Maroon's replacement in our top 9 if we trade Maroon or he walks.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Really like this player and while he is not there yet I csnt help but think he will be good for us for a long time.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I think that he'll be Maroon's replacement in our top 9 if we trade Maroon or he walks.

I don't think he has the offensive skill.

I'm high on JK for year and half now because of his insane ability to protect the puck (stole it from the ageless wonder tonight) but skating (speed) and offensive skill to be a top-6 center/winger are in doubt.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I disagree, he has a lot of tools to succeed. The only issue with him is consistency.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Been really good lately. Really impressed with him.

Wonder what happened to him at the beginning of the year. Just confidence? Looks like such a different player.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Always been a big JuJu fan but he needs to stay motivated, he seems to really lack it at times. When he's motivated, he's a top 9 forward capable of playing in the top 6.
Also, he has the best beard on the team bar none. That has to count for something.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Love this player when he plays like he is right now. If he keeps this up consistently he's going to be a very good bottom 6 player. Good speed, good vision, good defensively, and a monster on the forecheck and cycle. Really tough kid as well who will drop the gloves with anyone. Glad his play has come around from the start of the year and hope he keeps it up.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Starting to appreciate this player more with every game. Would be so cool if the team finally grows a solid third liner out of all the picks they've had the past decade. Perhaps a future Khaira and Slepyshev third line, just need to add a quick player into the mix with a difficult surname. The dreaded "I Can't Spell Your Name" line.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Has been one of the best players on the team for last 8 games. Glad he's come around. I think all those scratches made him realize his dream could be fleeting.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If he keeps developing you are looking at Maroons replacement for the next few seasons at half the price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad