JT Miller or Kane should be our main targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
This team is not far off at all but will be in salary cap trouble soon. We need to pull off a blockbuster to pull us over the hump to beat a Tampa or Colorado next year.

Our biggest weakness by far? Scoring 5 on 5. This needs to be addressed with a major move if we want to be a serious contender for the cup next year. The moe to me is JT Miller #1 as at 50% retention he is a very small contract and he provides exactly what this team was missing in the playoffs. A tremendous #2 Center (who could easily be a #1 on other teams) that can do it all and has a rugged game. He seems to be a perfect fit for a Gallant system.

Price might hurt a bit but for such a great fit for the team and what it could mean next year is worth it.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I disagree. Sign the kids for as long as possible. See if there are any bargains toward the end of free agency.
Play the kids. Hopefully save a couple mil cap space for the deadline in case a hole or two needs filling.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
This team is not far off at all but will be in salary cap trouble soon. We need to pull off a blockbuster to pull us over the hump to beat a Tampa or Colorado next year.

Our biggest weakness by far? Scoring 5 on 5. This needs to be addressed with a major move if we want to be a serious contender for the cup next year. The moe to me is JT Miller #1 as at 50% retention he is a very small contract and he provides exactly what this team was missing in the playoffs. A tremendous #2 Center (who could easily be a #1 on other teams) that can do it all and has a rugged game. He seems to be a perfect fit for a Gallant system.

Price might hurt a bit but for such a great fit for the team and what it could mean next year is worth it.

We should be trying to build a dynasty, not just win next year. This team has the pieces for a longggg run of cup contention. Let’s not mess it up.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Chicago won 3 cups and their fans are miserable. Who cares about winning 1 cup?

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
If we won the Cup with JT Miller I don't think folks will be complaining. I get the hold on to the kids argument. But Kakko man we have waited and waited on him . At this point if he becomes anything close to resembling JT Miller that would be a big surprise. Not saying its Kakko but understood if they traded him for a star player. Miller had 99pts last year. And would be a huge boom to our 5 on 5 play in GGs system. Anyways rant over!

Reactions: NickyFotiu

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It's one year of JT miller vs how ever many of Kakko or multiple years of another player using Kakko as the piece to acquire said player.

We've waited and waited? He's played 3 seasons... One of them being a weird Covid year and the other one being last year where he missed a ton of time.

I'm not even against moving Kakko, but this is dumb.

Reactions: Riche16

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
This is so wrong, we’re not about to lay everything on the line to try to win next season and be in cap hell beyond, or worse give up quality assets and not re-sign the player we trade for. The core of this team is young and the veteran players we have will continue to compliment it for years to come.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Bread and Kane carry and pass the puck so much that we could use a less than star center between them.

This is so wrong, we’re not about to lay everything on the line to try to win next season and be in cap hell beyond, or worse give up quality assets and not re-sign the player we trade for. The core of this team is young and the veteran players we have will continue to compliment it for years to come.
We shouldn't do anything to put us in a horrible situation but Strome and Copp are looking for at least 5 so we can start there as long as its not a long deal. Move Nemeth and that buys you another 1-2 so now we are at 6.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Chicago won 3 cups and their fans are miserable. Who cares about winning 1 cup?
You can't plan on winning 3. You try to win 1 and then go from there. As far as who cares about winning 1 I would say most fan bases would be thrilled. I would have been in 1979 and 2014.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
If we won the Cup with JT Miller I don't think folks will be complaining. I get the hold on to the kids argument. But Kakko man we have waited and waited on him . At this point if he becomes anything close to resembling JT Miller that would be a big surprise. Not saying its Kakko but understood if they traded him for a star player. Miller had 99pts last year. And would be a huge boom to our 5 on 5 play in GGs system. Anyways rant over!
lol, waited and waited. miller was here 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad