Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Reactions: Habs13

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
If any habs fan are interested, here's my Deep Dive on Joshua Roy! Love the selection!

"One of the biggest enigmas of the draft class and someone I’ve very curious to watch progress over the upcoming years is Sherbrooke Phoenix forward Joshua Roy. In short, I would describe Roy as one of the most talented and skilled hockey player you can find in the 2021 NHL Draft class, but someone who showed limited athletic abilities and careless inconsistencies in his compete level and focus.

So how can one evolve into such a dominant player with clear exposed flaws, and could it be possible for him to mature into an NHL player?

Passion and dedication to developing his craft, Roy found ways to survive and dominate at the highest junior levels despite his athletic shortcomings. His flourishing hockey skill doesn’t hurt, either. That said, due to his high-talent level, Roy was able to linger through his career to date by masking many of his drawbacks. But the clear holes left in his skillset leave a certain edginess in scouts at the idea of selecting him.

Describing him as a typical middle-round gamble wouldn’t be fair to his talent level, so to get a better, clearer sense of what to expect with his development and potential, I’ve taken a look at every game of his this past season."

Deep Dive: A look into Joshua Roy's game - FCHockey

Joshua Roy Thumbnail.jpg

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If any habs fan are interested, here's my Deep Dive on Joshua Roy! Love the selection!

"One of the biggest enigmas of the draft class and someone I’ve very curious to watch progress over the upcoming years is Sherbrooke Phoenix forward Joshua Roy. In short, I would describe Roy as one of the most talented and skilled hockey player you can find in the 2021 NHL Draft class, but someone who showed limited athletic abilities and careless inconsistencies in his compete level and focus.

So how can one evolve into such a dominant player with clear exposed flaws, and could it be possible for him to mature into an NHL player?

Passion and dedication to developing his craft, Roy found ways to survive and dominate at the highest junior levels despite his athletic shortcomings. His flourishing hockey skill doesn’t hurt, either. That said, due to his high-talent level, Roy was able to linger through his career to date by masking many of his drawbacks. But the clear holes left in his skillset leave a certain edginess in scouts at the idea of selecting him.

Describing him as a typical middle-round gamble wouldn’t be fair to his talent level, so to get a better, clearer sense of what to expect with his development and potential, I’ve taken a look at every game of his this past season."

Deep Dive: A look into Joshua Roy's game - FCHockey

View attachment 455902

Wow great analysis! Looks a better prospect than Charles Hudon. Can't wait to see his development, he can be a great player in NHL.

Reactions: Andy Lehoux

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
so both Kidney and Roy are similar prospects to Hudon?

That's the gist of the pre-draft scouting reports that I've seen in both threads.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
so both Kidney and Roy are similar prospects to Hudon?

That's the gist of the pre-draft scouting reports that I've seen in both threads.

don't know anything about Roy but Kidney doesn't remind me much of Hudon from what I've seen.

Kidney has crazy hands and a really good playmaker. didn't see much of his shot though. the lack of speed would be the one thing that makes me think of hudon

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Roy was also ranked 74 on FCHockey, 46 on McKeen'sHockey, 85 on DraftProspects rankings, 44 on RecruitScouting, and David St-Louis didn't rank him.

No idea why he dropped so low.

Lack of competitiveness, poor athleticism and his skating technic is below average going by the scouting report posted.

He's full of red flags. He needs to put in a lot of work, but appears to lack the drive to do it.

Reactions: Joe Lamb

Jul 6, 2016
Roy has talent and skills for sure. He just has to put his head straight now and perform to his talent. I would not be surprised if he is among the top-point getters during the next Q season.

TeacherMan

Mar 10, 2017
Lack of competitiveness, poor athleticism and his skating technic is below average going by the scouting report posted.

He's full of red flags. He needs to put in a lot of work, but appears to lack the drive to do it.

That sounds like a big bust!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I really don't get why they draft these guys with poor skating but at worst he should end up helping 3R in a couple years. Hope he can work on his skating then cause it's so difficult for players to make it in today's game unless you have some unreal part of your game that can overcome the lack of skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad