Josh Norris vs William Nylander

Who would you rather have

• Nylander

• Norris

Results are only viewable after voting.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
After each of their 1st 3 seasons in the league(2 & a bit each really)......
Josh Norris: 52G/90P - signs 7.95M deal for 8 years
William Nylander: 48G/135P - signs 6.9M deal for 6 years(& he has 89G/208P in the 4 years since then...)

I take Nylander. Much better offensive performance and cheaper.
Lol,
Norris played 3 games year 1.
And your points have nothing to do with poll. HolyCherryPicker not Makinaw.

Take age and contracts moving forward, not what happened on ELC.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
One player played 1 full season and 2/3 of a season (shortened season). The other played 2 full seasons and a 1/4 of a season. Why omit that?
Poster likes to cherry pick, and ignore what the poll asked. That’s the posters shtick.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
It's all we got lol

I'd definitely take Nylander stinking in the playoffs one year if it meant an 8th leafs playoff game

Nylander was really good against Montreal, he proved me wrong and showed that he was a more intense competitor than I initially thought. It was Marner that ducked away from the physical battles

Reactions: Sundinisagod

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Norris - centre, better goal scorer, and there’s no viral clips of him giving up on plays

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Give me the younger center who is about to enter elite goalscorer territory.
That seems premature. His even strength goalscoring really wasn't that amazing. He was great on the powerplay but what if DeBrincat eats into that opportunity a bit? His shooting % so far in the NHL is also on the high side.

Right now I'd go with Nylander pretty easily. He's a flawed player but rarely do you see so much disrespect for a young-ish 80+ point player who flashes elite skill.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Nylander stays healthier too.

That seems premature. His even strength goalscoring really wasn't that amazing. He was great on the powerplay but what if DeBrincat eats into that opportunity a bit? His shooting % so far in the NHL is also on the high side.

Right now I'd go with Nylander pretty easily. He's a flawed player but rarely do you see so much disrespect for a young-ish 80+ point player who flashes elite skill.
He can also distribute, Norris does not.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

It's a bit of a tough poll with Nylander much more established in terms of his playing style and role.

Norris had a premium role and real estate on the PP in a relatively small sample which took full advantage of his most powerful offensive asset - his shot in the circles.

With potentially more offensive options with the man advantage, you have to think he'll be challenged to score as many PP goals.

At the same time, I think his assist numbers are artificially low for the same reason.

He's been used primarily as a shooter but that doesn't mean he's incapable of making plays. Batherson missed half a season which put increased pressure on Norris in his absence to play more creatively.

He actually put up more goals and assists in Drake's absence.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ok, why did he only play 66 games this past season?

A shoulder injury. Which was his only full season. The point stands one player played 1 and 2/3 seasons, if you want me to be more specific I guess I could say 3/5. The 3/5ths of a season being the shortened season not because of injury. The other other played 2 full seasons and a quarter. The comparison in production was disingenuous with out including games played. Norris has had the opportunity to play 70% of the games that Nylander did at that point and that includes the games he missed due to injury. The difference in their PPG is 0.0097. The only way you can conclude that one has had superior production on their ELC is if you are completely dishonest.

Reactions: Karl Eriksson

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'll take the :

- better goal scorer
- player who is 3 years younger
- player who is signed for 6 more years
- center over the winger
- player engaged in all 3 zones

Kinda surprising that Norris isn't winning this easily. Actually not that surprising, small market between 3 giant market. Most people outside of Sens fans I have seen talking about Norris had no idea he has been one of the best NHL goal scorers for a season and a half. Obviously, a lot of voters here are not aware of that

Norris. Locked up for much longer and I think he’s going to be a stud. And a more complete player than Nylander. For the record I like Willy quite a bit.

Well, that has already started, 47 goals in his last 91 games... 12th highest Goals Per Game since March 15th 2021

What, you don't like facts?

"Games Played" is a crucial fact in what you were trying to show. Swing and a miss, completely discredited. Try again.

A lot of people make the mistake of comparing contracts directly when that can only really occur when they are signed in the same year.

Crosby signed for 8.7M in his prime which was a lot of money at the time.

Yes and there's something for that on Cap Friendly, it's called "cap hit percentage of the cap ceiling". Ex :

Sidney Crosby C.H.%
Tooltip
: 14.50
Connor McDavid C.H.%
Tooltip
: 16.67

Last edited:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Nylander stays healthier?

Norris had had one injury since turning pro. Nylanders log shows him missing multiple games multiple times in his career.

Norris first 2 seasons he missed zero games. They are shortened due to lockdowns. Maybe that's confusing you?

What a silly argument.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
That Nylander series against the Habs two seasons ago made me a believer, but I’ll take Norris here because I think the floor is similar but his ceiling is higher.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I voted Nylander, but the OP states to take age and contract into consideration so I would probably switch my vote over to Norris.

These kind of polls are weird. I think Nylander is the better player, but Norris is the better trade piece, which is essentially what the pole is asking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad