Josh Norris vs William Nylander

Who would you rather have

• Nylander

• Norris

Results are only viewable after voting.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Weird poll. Nylander might be better and cheaper right now, but his next contract will likely be more. He's also got way less years on his deal. It also depends on if you need a C or W.

If it's a trade deadline deal I'll take Nylander
If it's to start a team, I'll take Norris.

As for who to vote for.... I guess Norris as he has more "value" being cost controller? Idk lol

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
They’re both in such different scenarios with Norris signed long term and Nylander 2 years from unrestricted free agency. Nylander is the better player though and cheaper for now. I think I’d probably take him and see what happens in free agency. Norris is a good player but I don’t think his contract is ideal tbh. It’s ok, but he’s a center who is a really good finisher but doesn’t drive play at a high level. I mean, you keep him if you have him already, but I think given other options I’d probably spend my money elsewhere

Last edited:
Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Is this one of the ottawa players that hasn’t denied being involved in the scandal? They have 2 that could be in trouble correct?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Weird poll. Nylander might be better and cheaper right now, but his next contract will likely be more. He's also got way less years on his deal. It also depends on if you need a C or W.

If it's a trade deadline deal I'll take Nylander
If it's to start a team, I'll take Norris.

As for who to vote for.... I guess Norris as he has more "value" being cost controller? Idk lol
Poll is pretty dead even .

Evergreen

Norris. Locked up for much longer and I think he’s going to be a stud. And a more complete player than Nylander. For the record I like Willy quite a bit.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Judging by the hate even his own fanbase gives him on here, I expect Norris to win this poll

I like Willy alot but I'd take Norris right now for now and future

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Nylander for the next two or three years without a second of doubt

Norris after that is a credible option

Right now Nylander is in his prime. A PPG winger in both the reg and playoffs

It would only be two given his contract.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
If contracts were excluded, I’d take nylander

With contracts, it’s Norris.

For once however, it’s not because a leafs players AAV is too high, it’s just Norris is signed longer and he’s gonna be worth that contract too

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
After each of their 1st 3 seasons in the league(2 & a bit each really)......
Josh Norris: 52G/90P - signs 7.95M deal for 8 years
William Nylander: 48G/135P - signs 6.9M deal for 6 years(& he has 89G/208P in the 4 years since then...)

I take Nylander. Much better offensive performance and cheaper.

Unsurprisingly, you're not showing the full picture in an attempt to show Nylander's "much better offensive performance". Leaving out the games played here and citing their first 3 years when Norris only played 3 games in his first year is disingenuous.

Vakarte

May 30, 2022
Why are we using contracts to rank the players when contracts have nothing to how talented or good a player is?

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Give me the younger center who is about to enter elite goalscorer territory. I also like Norris' tireless work ethic as it fits in with the Sens' mentality of never taking a shift off.

Nylander had a great year last year though. Have to recognize that.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
After each of their 1st 3 seasons in the league(2 & a bit each really)......
Josh Norris: 52G/90P - signs 7.95M deal for 8 years
William Nylander: 48G/135P - signs 6.9M deal for 6 years(& he has 89G/208P in the 4 years since then...)

I take Nylander. Much better offensive performance and cheaper.

Norris-52G/90P in 125 games
Nylander-48G/135P in 185 games

Much better offensive performance? Their PPG is nearly identical, though one scores at a much higher rate. I'd probably lean towards Nylander because I want to see how much Norris repeat his performance but why do you gotta be the way that you are?

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
This is a tough one.

Without contracts, I'd take Norris as a Ranger fan even though Nylander is currently a better player, the team desperately needs a young Top6 center. But his contract is risky and not sure i'd want to take that on without seeing more from him first. He's had to rely on being opportunistic goal scorer who shoots high% thsu far it seems. Still a good player but a lot of money for what he's done in the NHL thus far.

But I do get that's how contracts work, you sign them and hope they become a steal with a lot of value later on, sometimes they end up being bad or mediocre.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Why are we using contracts to rank the players when contracts have nothing to how talented or good a player is?

Because the question isn’t asking who is the better player? GMs have to evaluate players in terms of assets based on age and contract in addition to ability, so it’s not that odd to pose a a question that considers both

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad