Player Discussion Josh Norris C 6’1” - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
ehh even Mann thought he was a third liner.

the beauty of prospects.
Absolutely. Certainly not judging anyone, but it’s funny how he went from a low end third liner to a legit number 1 centre. This is why I try my best to not have hot prospect takes.

the first few pages also have the disadvantage of us reacting to the Karlsson trade, which was very emotional at the time. I definitely didn’t like the return back then either.

Reactions: Agent Zub

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
That would be a miracle, can't see it happening. That Batherson contract looked amazing when he signed and even better now. Norris would get 6m on a 3 year bridge with the way he's going and nothing less than 7m long term
Yep. Norris’s comparable is probably Suzuki. And I’d happily sign him to that contract today.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I wasn't buying the immense hype last year from watching him; but I can't lie the production so far is pretty damn good. Hope he keeps it up; 22-year old guy playing top-6 center minutes and not looking out of place is a very good-sign.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
I'd love to draft a one of Wright, Savoie, Lambert, Geeke, Cooley and Gaucher Gaucher. We can then have a 1A/1B situation with Norris kinda like how Pittsburgh has Crosby/Malkin.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Over under 30 goals this year ?
Over.

Norris finds the soft spots and has the shot to finish when he gets the opportunity.

I could see him and Bath get 30 but Norris seems a lot more likely as he is clearly shoot first.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I think I missed something after the Canucks game?

In the interview with Gord Miller after the Canes game Miller made reference to Josh Norris having a particularly tough time, "...the last 24-36 hours" and Norris talked about hard it had been.

I thought his eyes almost welled up a bit too...any idea what that is about?

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I think I missed something after the Canucks game?

In the interview with Gord Miller after the Canes game Miller made reference to Josh Norris having a particularly tough time, "...the last 24-36 hours" and Norris talked about hard it had been.

I thought his eyes almost welled up a bit too...any idea what that is about?

Reactions: OD99

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

Man that's messed up. These guys are still young and navigating the world, can't imagine coping with that kinda crap happening in your own backyard, and then having to have so much pressure as our number 1 centre

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
I ended up playing around on capfriendly and had norris extended 7x7.8 would you guys say that's a fair contract for him?

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I ended up playing around on capfriendly and had norris extended 7x7.8 would you guys say that's a fair contract for him?

Only way I'd want Norris paid more then $7 million is if its 8 years. I think the Suzuki contract is a good comparable for him. 8 years at $7-7.5 million ought to be the most. Depending on where we draft, if we can get him on a 5-6 year deal for $6 million that'd be more ideal. He has 50 points in 80 nhl games and we'd be paying for potential, but at the same time he's put up top 6 forward numbers while playing against the hardest opposition as a young guy so there's definitely something there.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

I've become a big fan of Norris but before doing that I'd want to see him produce without the loaded top line. If he can make another line solid then by all means I'm good with that.

Reactions: Cosmix and sens13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad