Player Discussion: Josh Morrissey (and Chevy) appreciation thread.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I'm going to think it was training camp/preseason 2015 and I was going to attend camp plus a few games. Morrissey had played great for the ice caps the past spring to rave reviews. I was thinking that he should make a case for an NHL job soon.

What a disappointment. He was completely lost out there. His gaps sucked and he didn't seem to understand the system at all. Down to the Moose he goes.

Fast forward a year and holy smokes did he improve. Wasn't dominant but at that point he was an NHLer. It was obvious he had put in a bunch of work over the past year.

He has continued to improve since.

powder88

Nov 21, 2013
Same question I asked in the Lowry thread, what do you give JoMo for a contract this summer. TNSE must want to go as long as possible with him, I would think. Does he sign on for eight years to play with the talent he sees around him? 8 x $5.5 AAV?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Same question I asked in the Lowry thread, what do you give JoMo for a contract this summer. TNSE must want to go as long as possible with him, I would think. Does he sign on for eight years to play with the talent he sees around him? 8 x $5.5 AAV?

Dmen in his peer groups fall between 4.8 and 5.5 million per on a long term deal. I have him at 7 years at 5.4 million. The kid is a stud, you lock him up long term.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Dmen in his peer groups fall between 4.8 and 5.5 million per on a long term deal. I have him at 7 years at 5.4 million. The kid is a stud, you lock him up long term.

Absolutely. Given his talent, work ethic, IQ and (touch wood) durability, JMo is pretty much the definition of a desirable long-term contract. I see his trajectory as going steadily upward, and I think he's one of those guys who is a valuable player until he decides to call it a day. I think the org loves him and will make him a priority this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad