Player Discussion Josh Manson

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Manson was supposed to be that Foote type of player, but his skating isn’t good enough and he’s not that mean. He can’t bring leadership if he’s one of your worse dmen.

If we had a smarter GM, would should have given Vegas Montour and kept Shea, who would have given us at least 3 top 4 dmen and a power play weapon. Instead we have Guhle who doesn’t bring defense or offense (just a few glaring turnovers every game) and probably won’t make it with us. I can’t believe we have Murray for another few years before he does us a favor and retires. Let’s cross our fingers he doesn’t trade our top remaining players or our 1st.
His skating is plenty good enough. At full strength, he's actually a very good skater for a d-man his size. It's been bad since he came back from the injury, though.

His main issue is his brain. He makes the dumbest decisions with the puck in the defensive zone. That was something that didn't happen as much earlier in his career. His career is starting to go the way of Brent Seabrook or Dan Girardi, except without ever having been as good as either of them to start with.

Oct 18, 2011
Players like Manson....when they're great they're great and super impactful, but they can also fall off a cliff fast so this is something that needs to be considered when looking at trades..

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
It will be interesting to see what GMBM decides to do with Manson? I think he will stay but the next few games when they come back from break could be important ones for him to see what his value actually is.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
To his credit, in an interview with ally, he said he was consciously thinking about his knee the couple weeks after coming back from injury( though he sucked before hand ) he is going to have a baby ( not sure if it’s his first) all the ducks seem to have been bad when they have first been married or with children on the way ( Silfverberg the exception for he truly plays at 100% effort always ) I’ve been really critical of Manson. Maybe his dad pointed out that if he wants to continue to live and raise family in SoCal , and earn his A that he better get his head out of his ass. His dad would seem like a very straight forward to the point no nonsense with josh about that. Cuz he’s been better, and maybe lindholm being away from him; josh realizes he won’t be as sheltered anymore. When you have sucked and all of a sudden your very long partner is being split from you. You tend to connect some dots

Reactions: MilesNewton

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
If Murray is going to trade him, then he's already made that decision. I doubt that he's leaving.
I think a lot of GMs this year are keeping things real quiet regarding what they are going to do. I think Murray needs to keep 5 key pieces but he has to do something to save the team from mediocracy.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He was very active last game as well. Which was funny because he started to play with Drysdale. But Manson was the one constantly rushing up the ice :laugh:

But also, we have started to win with Manson in the lineup

Last edited:

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
maybe he's putting more effort in to increase his value again so he can get traded to a good team.

However, if it's just him playing better and wanting to stay with us, I'd be ok with that if he returns to his former self. Even with the occasional dumb play, his former self was still pretty solid, IMO.

Last edited:

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
His skating is plenty good enough. At full strength, he's actually a very good skater for a d-man his size. It's been bad since he came back from the injury, though.

His main issue is his brain. He makes the dumbest decisions with the puck in the defensive zone. That was something that didn't happen as much earlier in his career. His career is starting to go the way of Brent Seabrook or Dan Girardi, except without ever having been as good as either of them to start with.
Worth repeating for this year too. While I love that goal by Manson, I don't want him to regress back to all that pinching he did last year and earlier this year.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Worth repeating for this year too. While I love that goal by Manson, I don't want him to regress back to all that pinching he did last year and earlier this year.

Eakins wants his D-men to pinch. The problem that occurs is the forward rotation didn't recognize it in time. Hakanpaa has been told to pinch and he pinches a lot with good timing. IMO, Hakanpaa pinches well.

Reactions: Trojans86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad