Recalled/Assigned: Josh Jooris called up

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
You guys are good dudes. Thanks for the nice comments.

I'll be in Columbus tmrw cheering for the Flames

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Unless we acquired a player in a trade making a fair chunk of salary, Jones contract is necessary for us to stay over the floor. Last time I checked, I'm quite sure that if we dropped Jones completely (we couldn't do this because no one would take him) we would be around 2 million under the cap. As pathetic as this is, I do not mind using his cap hit solely for the reason for it allows us to inject some youth into our lineup.

Without Jooris's 925K on the rooster, the Flames cap hit is a shade over 54M (54.08M to be more exact). Cap floor is 51M.

So technically yes, they could replace Jones with Jooris right now and still be above the cap floor but only by about 5K. There would some issues later on when Potter became healthy though.

But yeah, I'd rather have Jones on the roster than Setoguchi. He's worth it for his cap hit and injuries.

And good for Jooris.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
I love his quote in the interview

"I just try to work as hard as I can. I was averaging maybe 12 minutes a game in pre-season. That's 12 minutes of work if you think about it, so put it in that perspective it's not that much."

ohhhhh baby Hartley is going to love this guy. I hope he plays tomorrow!

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I love his quote in the interview

"I just try to work as hard as I can. I was averaging maybe 12 minutes a game in pre-season. That's 12 minutes of work if you think about it, so put it in that perspective it's not that much."

ohhhhh baby Hartley is going to love this guy. I hope he plays tomorrow!

I like this guy. I hope he gets to play, seems like a good guy.

spacemunky

Jan 20, 2013
Ontario Canada
I had the pleasure of watching Josh's dad Mark play here for the Burlington Cougars. He was a phenomal player and had a great pro career mostly in Europe. He still played here on occasion for the Dundas Real McCoys last I saw.

I was really happy to hear about his son getting the call up. Something that his dad never got. I'm sure he's so proud of Josh.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Maybe we have some hope in the RW department. Really liked what I saw from him tonight.

Not trying to make this a Johnny thread, but I think Hartley should try Gaudreau with Monahan and Hudler as well and see if they can get something going.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Maybe we have some hope in the RW department. Really liked what I saw from him tonight.

Not trying to make this a Johnny thread, but I think Hartley should try Gaudreau with Monahan and Hudler as well and see if they can get something going.

Monahan and Hudler weren't great in this game. What Jooris got, he created. I didn't notice very many good plays by those two, but I noticed several good plays by Churros.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Monahan and Hudler weren't great in this game. What Jooris got, he created. I didn't notice very many good plays by those two, but I noticed several good plays by Churros.

Win-win then, let Johnny play with Hudler and Monahan. I think Jooris would do well with Byron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad