Recalled/Assigned: Josh Jooris called up

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Good for him. He clearly was the one of the better players in preseason. Fills the RW need. I am excited.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
This is good news with the Flames on a high right now after last night's win, and considering how well Jooris looked in preseason; has it been confirmed that he is taking Seto's spot in the lineup?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Came here to say inb4 shaner89, but clearly I'm not. :D

Excited for Josh. It's always a shot in the arm when you have a guy playing his first game.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
At this point, Jones main value to the Flames is his cap hit so we can stay over the floor. He doesn't really provide anything else of value because he is never healthy.

Excited for Josh, congrats kid, you earned it!

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
He's looked pretty solid in the past two games. Would rather it be him given the playing time than Jones.

-Jones' salary helps staying above cap floor
-He's injury prone, which means IR time, which means call ups (and on this certain roster there are quite a few deserving players of NHL roster spots)
-Setoguchi is a reclamation project that I have a hard time seeing returning any dividents. No team will trade for him when they could have gotten him for free.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
-Jones' salary helps staying above cap floor
-He's injury prone, which means IR time, which means call ups (and on this certain roster there are quite a few deserving players of NHL roster spots)
-Setoguchi is a reclamation project that I have a hard time seeing returning any dividents. No team will trade for him when they could have gotten him for free.

So you're saying you'd much rather prefer the 4m forward that has contributed hardly anything to this team since being acquired?

May 27, 2012
Earth
I was looking a statistics yesterday and David Jones had a 60% defensive zone start against harder competition last season. I will find it, but the only reason people bash Jones is his contract, he isn't terrible. Just prone to injuries.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Unless we acquired a player in a trade making a fair chunk of salary, Jones contract is necessary for us to stay over the floor. Last time I checked, I'm quite sure that if we dropped Jones completely (we couldn't do this because no one would take him) we would be around 2 million under the cap. As pathetic as this is, I do not mind using his cap hit solely for the reason for it allows us to inject some youth into our lineup.

Jones is a good player, but his legs are no where near where they were. He looks like a beat up player. I seriously wonder how long he will be able to keep playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad