Player Discussion Josh Archibald

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
If Archibald is playing I'll keep my money and won't attend any games, simple as that. My tolerance for the anti-vax crowd is zero.
I’ll go and support the 99% of players who are vax’d. Guess you can look at it as not supporting the 1% of people you don’t agree with, but you’re actually not supporting the 99% of players who you do agree with…

Reactions: dss97 and Cam98

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So Bob just said Archibald not on the ice because of the federal 14 day quarantine does that mean Archibald went and got the Johnson and Johnson?
Or he just got into town.
Which if true guy intentionally came to camp late on top of refusing to get the vaccine.
Which would add more to the cut ties with him side of things. Maybe find a US team he can play for

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I’ll go and support the 99% of players who are vax’d. Guess you can look at it as not supporting the 1% of people you don’t agree with, but you’re actually not supporting the 99% of players who you do agree with…
Disagree. The players get paid regardless, it’s the organization that’s making money off me being there. And that organization has set a double standard for an unvaccinated player.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Disagree. The players get paid regardless, it’s the organization that’s making money off me being there. And that organization has set a double standard for an unvaccinated player.

Holland did mention he was going to wait a week or so to make his decision on this. My interpretation of that was they were giving the player one last chance to change his mind, and if not, the team would make a decision on his employment. My guess is that he won’t be with the team by that time.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Holland did mention he was going to wait a week or so to make his decision on this. My interpretation of that was they were giving the player one last chance to change his mind, and if not, the team would make a decision on his employment. My guess is that he won’t be with the team by that time.
Well that’s good news, hopefully that’s the case!

Reactions: bellagiobob

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
he's already been ostracized before giving his reasons for his hesitancy
such is the world we live in nowadays

His reasons are that its a government planned conspiracy. Look at his Twitter, instead of insuitating there is some legit medical reasoning.

Holland has had conversations with him to get vaccinated and what happens if he won't. Said he will revist in a week.

Do you think they bother with those conversations if Archie has a legitimate medical reason to not get it? That GM would pressure him knowing he had a medical exemption? Not a chance. Ergo he doesn't have one.

The mob is hungry for the blood of nonbelievers. That and they need their bread and circuses.

Nah, the mob is just tired of seeing cancer patients and other folks turned away from hospitals because some nincompoop is too dumb to get the vaccine. Idaho is now rationing health care, so if they can't serve you, you die. Hospitals are having to turn people away to die or try something out of state.

Alberta is trying to get patients moved to other provinces.... if we can't, the same thing starts happening here. 85%+ of the covid icu are non vax. Id just as soon the hospitals send those people away when it comes down to it, instead of people who need dialysis or have cancer.

Regardless if he doesn't change his mind in a week hes gone. Sounds like they are already of the mindset to send him down. The amount of practice he will miss on top of games is already enough of a reason.

Last edited:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The fact he has not already been waived or bought out or whatever we have to do to get him off the team is disappointing.

I'd have almost the same amount of disdain for Keith but not quite.

From a hockey standpoint, he’s still a valuable asset for us. So I’m fine with Holland taking his time with this, and giving Archi more time to think it over. Best case scenario is he changes his mind, gets vaccinated, is ready to go to start the season and makes us a better team. Holland waiting a week or so to make a decision is in our favour.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
From a hockey standpoint, he’s still a valuable asset for us. So I’m fine with Holland taking his time with this, and giving Archi more time to think it over. Best case scenario is he changes his mind, gets vaccinated, is ready to go to start the season and makes us a better team. Holland waiting a week or so to make a decision is in our favour.

Maybe the Habs will take him since they seem to be in the business of collecting some disreputable characters.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

The guy has had a year to think about it as did Keith. A for value, we will not miss Archie at all. We can replace his 3 hits per game easily and anyone can play with mcdavid

Reactions: space321

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Reopened.

Going forward, hockey-related posts ONLY (ie. implications for missed games, how the team might/is dealing with the situation). It'd be just great if we can go one day without a thread going completely off the rails like this, you know?

Link for the Covid forum: COVID 19 - The Coronavirus Outbreak.
What happened to the COVID talk on HFOil poll? Anything going to come about as a result of that?

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
Yeah, really. His thoughts and opinions aside, it's just tough to get behind him being so selfish. And that's me as a dumb fan.

Imagine how his teammates might feel watching this crap. You want someone reliable and committed to making the team better regardless of the size of the role they might play overall and this sure ain't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce