Rumor: Josh Anderson to Oilers

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I’d trade Josh to Edmonton for 2 players on their roster and obviously those 2 are not available. There will be a long line of GMs if he’s on the market and Habs have zero need to trade him unless it’s an offer they can’t refuse. We have many cap dumps but he’s not one of them, not even close.
Long line? Doubtful. But the idea he’s negative value is also totally off base. $5.5mm isn’t particularly affordable in this flat cap era. Habs should keep him. He’s a solid player for y’all.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I was talking about the value mostly. There were threads saying we would be lucky to get a 2nd for him. Same thing for Lehkonen and Kulak was supposed to fetch like a 5th or 6th. Chiarot might not be that good, but he was good in the run to the finals and that + his size convinced GMs to pay a 1st. Anderson was also good in that run, he's a 25ish goal scorer who skates fast with a big body. 5.5 might be a tiny bit high in his case, but saying he has negative value is laughable IMO, but I respect other people's opinions, nust like I did with the other guy. I'm sure you'll all be surprised if he's traded.
Oh value the player gets traded for and how the player SHOULD be valued are completely different. The correct valuation of Rasmus Ristolainen is that he's a complete liability waste of a roster spot. At 5.5 million last year he should've been a negative first round pick and traded with a 1st for future considerations as a cap dump. What actually ended up happening was Ristolainen got traded for a 1st+2nd. Doesn't mean that's the correct price all it means that there was a brain damaged general manager out there.

Josh Anderson is a power forward with frequent injury history who earns 5.5 million until age 33 while producing less than half a point per game. That's the Milan Lucic story all over again. There will likely be an idiot team out there who pays a premium for him b/c they drool over the size/speed (probably someone like Ken Holland, who Kent Hughes already owns, see: Darnell Nurse 74 million 8 years). It's like they say there's a sucker for everything.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Good hockey player lmfao. Isn't that what you guys said about Ben Chiarot too? :biglaugh: In your defense your new GM is an absolute wizard and is absolutely capable of bamboozling opposing GMs into thinking the likes of Anderson/Chiarot don't suck.

Chiarot was legit good on the Habs
It didn't work out for Florida, but it doesn't take away his body of work with us

Josh Anderson is a 40+ points players that is clutch, work his butt off every game and cut defense like butter
He'd probably be on your second line lol

Reactions: Kimota

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Milan Lucic in his first year with the Oilers had better numbers than Josh Anderson's career best and they were around the same age upon time of signing. The contract is a millstone my dude.
Awful comparison. They play nothing alike. One is a fast sniper that has size and like throwing hits while the other a slow as molasse, possesion base power forward.

A guy like Anderson can keep up offensively with his speed and complement a guy like McDavid.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
It seems Bob Stauffer was discussing Anderson to Oilers after chatting with Friedman who confirmed interest from teams at tdl.

Habs looking for prospects/ draft picks and can take similar salary back to balance things. No rush from the Habs. He is good, easy to manage, still a beast and fast for his size. Price needs to be good.

What Oilers have to offer?
this isn't a rumour

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Long line? Doubtful. But the idea he’s negative value is also totally off base. $5.5mm isn’t particularly affordable in this flat cap era. Habs should keep him. He’s a solid player for y’all.
He’s about the same player as Hyman just hasn’t had the luxury of playing with elite Cs to pump his stats. Those are in high demand and as flagged by LeBrun, GMs keep asking about him.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Anderson
For
Kerfoot
Holl
2022 3rd
GTFO

He’s about the same player as Hyman just hasn’t had the luxury of playing with elite Cs to pump his stats. Those are in high demand and as flagged by LeBrun, GMs keep asking about him.
same player except he can fight like a HW and hit like a truck. what did Mantha get? 2 players and a 1st and 2nd?

Reactions: Kanye East

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
They will keep him most likely. :D

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Habs have a player who scores 20-28 goals (paced during covid years) hits like a truck who makes 5.5 million. Half the league is interested, Habs realistically only consider trading him because his age doesn't kine up with the Habs.

Hf boards must be a cap dump.
look no further than the brilliant lehkonen and danault trade takes on here. Now?
crickets

Reactions: loadie

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
it's not about management, it's about Kassian being an idiot it Montréal within the first week. Dude is cooked here.
So if they won’t give second chances do you think Mailloux will never suit up for the Habs?

• Haha
Reactions: spaghtti

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Good hockey player lmfao. Isn't that what you guys said about Ben Chiarot too? :biglaugh: In your defense your new GM is an absolute wizard and is absolutely capable of bamboozling opposing GMs into thinking the likes of Anderson/Chiarot don't suck.

Or maybe you are very bad at evaluating the real value of players?

You could make some sense if we were talking about Gallagher, but we're talking about Anderson.

If Anderson is traded this offseason, Habs will be getting assets back.

Hiding behind "X was a bad deal" is not a good excuse when those deals happen years after years.

EDIT: Also, Edmonton fans were saying how good Kassian was a complement to McDavid. Anderson is that but with actual hockey talent. He could be the Kunitz to McDavid's Crosby.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
look no further than the brilliant lehkonen and danault trade takes on here. Now?
crickets
I swear the so called hfboards expert were surprised how much the habs got for their 'cap dump' like Chiarot, Lehkonen and Toffoli.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Another thread where people try to cut down a hab player for no reason.

I get the Habs were complete ass for the majority of the season and then just ass, but people have to watch games

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If the Oilers were interested at the deadline, it would have been nearly money in, money out trade.

That's what it would have to be now. I don't see it unless there are cap dumps and/or retention. Then the cost becomes worrying

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Id rather hold on to Anderson unless offer is massive which I don’t think oilers would want.

He’s a good player and the talk about his contract being terrible is really overblown. The contract is fine. Gallagher’s is far worse

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
If the Oilers were interested at the deadline, it would have been nearly money in, money out trade.

That's what it would have to be now. I don't see it unless there are cap dumps and/or retention. Then the cost becomes worrying

getting The Habs to take salary back only adds to the cost of Anderson imo

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The habs are not shopping Anderson and there are several teams interested in acquiring him. It will take an overpayment to get Anderson.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
getting The Habs to take salary back only adds to the cost of Anderson imo
Definitely. But that's just it. Unless Holland is ready to offer a big futures package I don't see it. Or of course maybe Xavier Bourgault.

The Oilers are simply not one of those teams that can go whale hunting this summer. We are even stretched to cover our pressing needs before we are even thinking about boosting the top six with a complementary winger.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Oh value the player gets traded for and how the player SHOULD be valued are completely different. The correct valuation of Rasmus Ristolainen is that he's a complete liability waste of a roster spot. At 5.5 million last year he should've been a negative first round pick and traded with a 1st for future considerations as a cap dump. What actually ended up happening was Ristolainen got traded for a 1st+2nd. Doesn't mean that's the correct price all it means that there was a brain damaged general manager out there.

Josh Anderson is a power forward with frequent injury history who earns 5.5 million until age 33 while producing less than half a point per game. That's the Milan Lucic story all over again. There will likely be an idiot team out there who pays a premium for him b/c they drool over the size/speed (probably someone like Ken Holland, who Kent Hughes already owns, see: Darnell Nurse 74 million 8 years). It's like they say there's a sucker for everything.

Tell me you don't watch Josh Anderson play without telling me you don't watch Josh Anderson play. He might not be a half a point per game but he paces for about 25 goals and could probably put 30+ on a decent team. He's also one of the fastest if not the fastest skater on the Habs, while being 6'3 and 230 lbs. You might not like him, but he does have value. People here say he has negative value and someone (don't remember if it was you) suggested an Anderson+1st for Duncan Keith. This thread will be fun to revisit if he does get traded

Reactions: HabsAddict

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad