Player Discussion Josh Anderson - Power Forward 101 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Fair, but Avery is and was always insane.

But fair point.
decaprio.gif

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Please remove Anderson from KKs wing if he is not better after the break, I believe Tatar would be more implicated and would allow this line to keep the puck more.

Anderson is great for rushes but he is quite bad defensively. Every time he went to a center's wing, the +/- of that line dropped.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Please remove Anderson from KKs wing if he is not better after the break, I believe Tatar would be more implicated and would allow this line to keep the puck more.

Anderson is great for rushes but he is quite bad defensively. Every time he went to a center's wing, the +/- of that line dropped.

There’s chemistry now on 73-14-22, so it’s a shame we can’t move Toffoli to KK’s wing as he could benefit from a skilled shooter. Anderson and Byron are the same type of player, albeit one is half the size, where they dig corners, bump players and shoot off the rush.

Anyhow, as funny as this sounds, I hope Anderson was hurt last round because he was not good at all.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
The coaches should try to work on Anderson's defensive game; maybe next year. There's a saying, you can't teach offense but you can teach defense, is that saying true? You can't teach a player to rush at the net like Anderson, he's special in that regard, but he should really focus on improving his defensive game. Is it because Colombus didn't develop him properly? Offensive players that suck at defense usually do because they make risky plays, which is not Anderson's case. Maybe he's playing injuried, that would be a good excuse too. I bet a more rested Anderson will make an impact against the Knights, trench war seems like his type of game, where he can standout cutting through Dmen and such.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The coaches should try to work on Anderson's defensive game; maybe next year. There's a saying, you can't teach offense but you can teach defense, is that saying true? You can't teach a player to rush at the net like Anderson, he's special in that regard, but he should really focus on improving his defensive game. Is it because Colombus didn't develop him properly? Offensive players that suck at defense usually do because they make risky plays, which is not Anderson's case. Maybe he's playing injuried, that would be a good excuse too. I bet a more rested Anderson will make an impact against the Knights, trench war seems like his type of game, where he can standout cutting through Dmen and such.

You can teach a player to just go to the net and hope for something.

You can't tell a player to backcheck, keep their head on a swivel and pick up the dangerous player.

Best you can do woth Anderson is further cement that he needs to play defense like 99% of the league and just skate back to a position and hope his presence is a deterrent, or the puck just hits him

tnq

Feb 16, 2004
Funny thing as you get a power forward and you hope he is good in defense

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Anderson regardless of a poor series vs Peg will be needed for this team to get to the finals. He us unique in this lineup. Has the ability on any shift to change momentum with a big hit or great rush.
I think he is hobbled with a nagging injury.
Tatar over Anderson as some want????? Not even worth discussing unless Andersons (injury) or whatever issue gets worse. The guy is laying it all out there on the ice and guys in the room look up to that.
If he is not banged up.limiting his play I'd be shocked and will eat crow. Guy has never been a whiner and won't make excuses now. He has busted his azz since he was 14 to make this a career.
Provides leadership in that room as well is my guess. Would Tatar??????

Reactions: SpezNc2

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
honestly if he doesn't show up and deliver a physical game and contribute with a few points, I'll be really disappointed. We will need him to make this a series.

Reactions: mols47

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Funny thing as you get a power forward and you hope he is good in defense
He can be bad defensively as long as he can put up some points.

He's got like 5 in his last 30 games. Injuries were always going to be a concern for him, lot of people did not like the term he got. Hopefully he can turn it around.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Id consider swapping in Tatar for him at this point. Hes not only useless, hes detrimental.

Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Evans MAY be our best option for that 3rd line.
But I would guess we'll need JA's big body. Hopefully he can provide a certain level of physicality without costing us defensively.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Hopefully the rest helps him. He looked great in the 1st game against the Leafs, but other than that he hasn’t been that great. Only 1 point in his last 22 games. The Habs will need him to find his game.

Reactions: Wats

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Anderson has been a factor in the playoffs even without the points. As long as he keeps hitting and backing defenders off with his speed I'm ok with him playing.... on the other hand Tatar is a very nice option to have if we want to play more of a puck control game. Personally I would give Josh game one and hope he can help establish a forecheck.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Just looked at the stats and if we include the playoffs and his last 19 games of the regular season, Anderson has 5 points in his last 30 games... People are speculating about an injury that happened during the first game against the Leafs, but how about before ? It's fatigue ?

Injury or not, he’d better do something offensively against Vegas. Players who can hit and not produce offensively are a dime dozens around the league, we need more than that from a guy who's paid 5.5M and is apparently a warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad