Player Discussion Josh Anderson - Power Forward 101 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I haven't seen much of him since his OHL days but I can't get over how fast he is. At some point I hope they put Byron on that line just to see the 2 fastest players on the team on one line.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
Last player we had that can do what he is doing was erik cole i think. Hope the org understands this and drafts players that have that potential as well in future drafts.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Galchenyuk (3rd OA in 2012)
to
Domi (12th OA in 2013)
to
Anderson (95th OA in 2012)

We got the better player in each trade and Anderson is the same age as Chucky. Imagine... Oilers still stuck with Puljuarvi who was 4th OA. We can focus on the Drouin/Sergachev flip but Bergevin's trades are unreal when you look at how many trades he has made and how they all end up as a whole.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
the big difference between Cole and Anderson is that we had Cole at the end of career (33) and Anderson at the start of his prime (26)

100%! Picking up Anderson after his injury season and at the age of 26 is a great move! If Anderson did not have an injury season derailing his trade value, we would have not been able to use Domi to get him.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Pacioretty is underrated by the Habs fans I think. He was one of the best goal scorer in the league in his prime with DD as Center and a young Gally
He was put in a poor position by the team to succeed (both in terms of wearing the C and having a poor team around him). He should never have been made a focal point of the offense or team as he's just not that type of player. He needs quality players to feed off of to really succeed rather than being the main guy on his line. Throw in the added pressure of being captain in Montreal and its clear he wasn't put in the best position to succeed.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
The wheels on this guy are impressive. Its like watchking a A-380 takeoff, your eyes can't really believe how fast he is for his size the first time you see him go.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He was put in a poor position by the team to succeed (both in terms of wearing the C and having a poor team around him). He should never have been made a focal point of the offense or team as he's just not that type of player. He needs quality players to feed off of to really succeed rather than being the main guy on his line. Throw in the added pressure of being captain in Montreal and its clear he wasn't put in the best position to succeed.
Totally agree ! Been named Capitaine is the worst thing that happen to him

DarkSender

Apr 29, 2019
Laval
If he keeps playing the same way as the first two games, his contract is going to be a bargain now and in the near future !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad