Confirmed with Link: Jordan Nolan Claimed off Waivers

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Pegula went with the team, and walked through the locker room with Murray. Murray came across Bylsma and said (paraphrasing) "are we playing tough tonight or doing f'cking twirls?" Pegula asked Murray if that was how he talked to everyone.
Is the idea that Pegula had a problem with Murray saying something like that? That's some pretty tame talk for a locker room.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Is the idea that Pegula had a problem with Murray saying something like that? That's some pretty tame talk for a locker room.

I doubt that's the only instance. It also probably led Pegula to ask around. Murray had a rep as being a butt hole in Ottawa.

Also, remember that it's not what matters to us, because I agree re: locker room talk. It's what matters to Pegula. May be a difference there.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I think I posted this, years back, when the Sabres hired Murray.

I spoke with Binghamton Sens part owner, Tom Mitchell, and Mitchell said "good riddance" concerning Murray. Murray was not at all liked by Binghamton employees.....and they won a Calder with him.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
I doubt that's the only instance. It also probably led Pegula to ask around. Murray had a rep as being a butt hole in Ottawa.

Also, remember that it's not what matters to us, because I agree re: locker room talk. It's what matters to Pegula. May be a difference there.

Wasn't Pegula pissed at Murray for berating the Director of Officiating at one point too?

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
If you dislike D Lo you thought Nolan had a good game. Otherwise you thought he was nothing special.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
How was Nolan against NY?
About what we expected. Forced a turnover that led to a goal for, was good on the forecheck, and took a slashing penalty. His best play (the turnover) was during a shift change where he was out there with Larson and Reinhart.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
About what we expected. Forced a turnover that led to a goal for, was good on the forecheck, and took a slashing penalty. His best play (the turnover) was during a shift change where he was out there with Larson and Reinhart.
I was left with a sense of waiting for him to turn his switch to “on”... I think there’s a lot more there that I hope to see more consistently during a given shift.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
If you dislike D Lo you thought Nolan had a good game. Otherwise you thought he was nothing special.

Des needs to bring it every night, and he hasn't at times. That could be because of injury in the past, but if Nolan brings the exact same thing as he does, but does it consistently, then that is an upgrade.

I actually don't have a dog in the fight, and I think very few do when it comes to the 4th line.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I was left with a sense of waiting for him to turn his switch to “on”... I think there’s a lot more there that I hope to see more consistently during a single shift.

I think rusty after not skating for a week and just getting back from China is good discription. He should be ready to roll come the home opener.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Like.. Nolan wasn't any worse or better than I expected. He's 4th line or healthy scratch, and better than Des on 5v5. I hope he was just jetlagged and out of it and will look better under a new coaching regime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad