Confirmed with Link: Jordan Nolan Claimed off Waivers

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Des replacement, since all the rookies have laid an egg and made it necessary. 4th line staple, can’t ask for more. He was redundant with 2 other younger guys in LA, wouldn’t look at the waiver too closely.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Good pick up. Stanley Cup winner on multiple occasions and he brings a heavy game with size and decent speed. Can bring physicality to the line up and help police situations so that Kane and others can stay on the ice. He can benefit from the change of scenery as well.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Well, I'm glad they are concerned about how soft the lineup was...
I noticed you said you're not a fan of his anymore, which leads me to believe you've seen him play a fair share of times. Can you give me a quick player assessment of him? Do you have any confidence he'll be a solid fourth line player? Is he a better option than Des?

Thanks in advance!

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I noticed you said you're not a fan of his anymore, which leads me to believe you've seen him play a fair share of times. Can you give me a quick player assessment of him? Do you have any confidence he'll be a solid fourth line player? Is he a better option than Des?

Thanks in advance!

Is he a better option than Des? I would've said, Yes, that's a no brainer a week ago. But Des has actually looked good this preason

Nolan looked like a player with no passion left for the game (last year). He never had much skill to work with, but he was a "chip of the old block" in terms of effort, drive, etc...

Last year he looked slow and disinterested. He's always been a fringe NHLer, a 13th forward type... Hopefully a change of scenery gets him back to his game. There's no harm in taking him for a test drive. No risk.

Hope he surprises me.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
If he could find a niche role as a tough, defensive forward on the Larsson/Josefson line that would be lovely. That said, would've been nice if they had recognized that hole and signed Winnik to rill it months ago when Jame and I were clamoring for exactly that move...

Maybe after the Olympics Gionta comes back and plugs into that spot.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Is he a better option than Des? I would've said, Yes, that's a no brainer a week ago. But Des has actually looked good this preason

Nolan looked like a player with no passion left for the game (last year). He never had much skill to work with, but he was a "chip of the old block" in terms of effort, drive, etc...

Last year he looked slow and disinterested. He's always been a fringe NHLer, a 13th forward type... Hopefully a change of scenery gets him back to his game. There's no harm in taking him for a test drive. No risk.

Hope he surprises me.

Derek Grant looked like a new man in pre-season last year. The first game of regular season he instantly reverted to his useless old self.

Nolan has rumored to want out of LA for a year or two now. Lot of changes happened there. I'd be optimistic about the test drive.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I guess I'll just hope he's got an emotional investment to play hard in Buffalo. Otherwise this is a fairly uninteresting signing to me.
Didn't really work for Marcus Foligno outside of his first 30 or so games.

He's just another warm body to keep players in Rochester. Botteril seems like he's very much against sticking a young skilled player on the bottom line just to say he gave them some NHL time.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Didn't really work for Marcus Foligno outside of his first 30 or so games.

He's just another warm body to keep players in Rochester. Botteril seems like he's very much against sticking a young skilled player on the bottom line just to say he gave them some NHL time.

That's a good thing though. It's nice to have some vets fill out the depth chart.

Larsson-Josefson-Nolan sounds like a 4th line that can fill out the PK unit and play a regular shift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad