Prospect Info: Jordan Greenway (LW) - BU, NCAA - 50th Overall Pick, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
This seems like a bit of an off the board pick. I'm underwhelmed by it myself. It looks like it may be a few years until we know if he'll pan out.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Nothing regarding the player himself, but I'm not a fan of taking the type and position at that spot, especially with who was still on the board. No secret that I wanted Bracco, and to pass on him at #50 stings a little.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Nothing regarding the player himself, but I'm not a fan of taking the type and position at that spot, especially with who was still on the board. No secret that I wanted Bracco, and to pass on him at #50 stings a little.

Agree 100%

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Hmm. Well, I like the pick. Nothing wrong with going for a project that, if he pans out, will be great for us. And if he doesn't, it's not like we'd be in trouble. Dergachev would've been a good pick too, as well as Bracco or even Nättinen. But, I have faith in Flahr & Co.

On a side note, gutted to see Roope Hintz go to Dallas at 49. He would've been a great pick.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
What's a jucy lucy??

Edit: just googled it. Heard of it, didn't know it's name.

I was going to say... For shame! :laugh:

But anyways, back to Greenway...

David Quinn (BU Coach) seems to be just raving about him.

Russo

David Quinn didn’t mince words when talking about Jordan Greenway, the incoming Boston University freshman whom the Wild took 50th overall Saturday in the NHL draft.

“I’ve never been so excited to coach a kid,” said Quinn, entering his third year as the Terriers’ coach. “He’s just dripping with talent. There’s so much there. It’s a heck of a pick by Minnesota. I don’t want to overstate it, but I think he can be very good.”

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
But, I have faith in Flahr & Co.

Kind of curious about this; our drafts have been a bit mediocre to sub-par. We've hit on defenseman but forwards? Only Zucker really stands out. Granlund has been underwhelming, Haula and Graovac are decent for where they were picked and Phillips, Bussieres, Bulmer have been busts. We have been pretty bad at picking up forwards.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
You can probably include Larsson as well, even though we traded him away.

Granlund has really only been underwhelming because of injuries. I think his 82 game pace as been ~50 points for both his 21 and 22 year old seasons, which ain't too shabby.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Kind of curious about this; our drafts have been a bit mediocre to sub-par. We've hit on defenseman but forwards? Only Zucker really stands out. Granlund has been underwhelming, Haula and Graovac are decent for where they were picked and Phillips, Bussieres, Bulmer have been busts. We have been pretty bad at picking up forwards.

You're forgetting Larsson, who was traded but has been good in Buffalo. Also, Haula is only decent for a 7th rounder? Even if his rookie season was his ceiling, most 7th rounders don't even make it to the NHL. Graovac is projecting to be a NHLer too.

Also, we've got some very good kids coming up the pipeline. Furthermore, Granlund is a playoff performer, and had a lot of hype surrounding him in Finland. No kidding NHL game takes a bit of time to adjust for a small Euro center, but he's projecting to be a damn fine player in my books. Maybe not an upper tier 1st line C, but could definitely be a good one.

As for Phillips, yeah, he busted. That happens to players occasionally. He was always a project pick, but was dripping with talent. Skating and lack of physicality was his problem, and it looks like he simply couldn't overcome it. Whether that was due to laziness or something else, we don't know. Still, he wasn't a bad pick at #28. Bussieres projected to be a middle-6 agitator/scorer -type, kinda like Burrows. He is alternating between ECHL and AHL right now, but so was Burrows. Yeah, he looks like a bust right now, but it's not over for him just yet. Bulmer was a bit of a reach, but his career was also derailed by injuries. He looked good, if a bit raw during his initial NHL stint, remember?

There are still players with high potential coming up through our system, such as Lucia, Jenys and Christoph Bertschy.

So yes, I have faith in Flahr & Co.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Stick to discussing Jordan Greenway. You can discuss the merits of GMCF's draft performances in a GMCF thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad